Why not to accept a Dish credit offer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
So about a year ago Dish screwed up and as a result I was given $10 a month off my bill for 12 months. Honestly I was pretty happy with this. What I was unaware of and never told was that in my accepting that offer, I would be in eligible for all programming promos offered. After finding out about the half price premium channels, I contacted Dish and was told that I was in eligible. When I asked why, they had no answer and told me to check back next month. Next month, same story. I even asked if my monthly credits were the problem, I was told no. I contacted a member of the DIRT team via this site and sure enough the credits I've been getting are the problem. As always the DIRT team member was prompt & courtesy. DIRT is one of the reasons I like Dish.

With only 1 month to go of credits, I opted to try again. Same response. When I expressed my displeasure I was transferred to the loyalty team. I was then offered 3 PPV coupons & told to try again. When I expressed my displeasure again and mentioned how my contract was up in May so I'll be giving Direct TV a good luck, I was told how Dish is cheaper. I responded by asking the rep what good is cheaper if you can't get any of the promos? She then offered to send me some Dish referral coupons and said how with enough referrals, I can save up to $500 a year. I asked her why on earth would I recommend a service that treats a customer in good standing in such a manner? I was dumb founded. What a disconnect. I will definitely be looking into Direct Tv next month.

Long story short, don't accept a Dish credit offer unless your prepared to be told "No" when it comes to promos.

You should see what their quote would be for a Hopper upgrade. If you're flabbergasted now, just wait.

AIsmail said:
So about a year ago Dish screwed up and as a result I was given $10 a month off my bill for 12 months. Honestly I was pretty happy with this. What I was unaware of and never told was that in my accepting that offer, I would be in eligible for all programming promos offered. After finding out about the half price premium channels, I contacted Dish and was told that I was in eligible. When I asked why, they had no answer and told me to check back next month. Next month, same story. I even asked if my monthly credits were the problem, I was told no. I contacted a member of the DIRT team via this site and sure enough the credits I've been getting are the problem. As always the DIRT team member was prompt & courtesy. DIRT is one of the reasons I like Dish.

With only 1 month to go of credits, I opted to try again. Same response. When I expressed my displeasure I was transferred to the loyalty team. I was then offered 3 PPV coupons & told to try again. When I expressed my displeasure again and mentioned how my contract was up in May so I'll be giving Direct TV a good luck, I was told how Dish is cheaper. I responded by asking the rep what good is cheaper if you can't get any of the promos? She then offered to send me some Dish referral coupons and said how with enough referrals, I can save up to $500 a year. I asked her why on earth would I recommend a service that treats a customer in good standing in such a manner? I was dumb founded. What a disconnect. I will definitely be looking into Direct Tv next month.

Long story short, don't accept a Dish credit offer unless your prepared to be told "No" when it comes to promos.

Not sure why they would do that to you. Back in November I was afford $10 off my bill for 12 months and this pass weekend I called them and was given HBO, Starz, and Showtime for half price and I still have my $10 credit on my account. I've been with dish for about 9 years now not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have received $10 off for one year and every promo for premium channels that they have had. free hbo/cinemax, free hbo/showtime, free starz, free playboy, etc. I am currently getting 1/2 price hbo,showtime and free playboy. I have never had a problem receiving any of these promos or upgrading at the lowest available price. I hope that this is not a new policy.

May will be my two year anniversary. I've actually had Dish for over a decade with the account in my name at my parents address and I've never encountered anything like this. I'm guessing that however they coded the credit in the system for has led to this. I just don't understand how no body in all of Dish cannot take a look at my account and correct the mistake. Thankfully I've got one month left to go so hopefully if there are any promos going on, I can take advantage of them if I stay with Dish.

You should see what their quote would be for a Hopper upgrade. If you're flabbergasted now, just wait.

Yep. From what I have read around here, any credit you receive makes you ineligible for hopper upgrade promos, so instead of $100 per Hopper upgrade you can look forward to $400+ per Hopper! That's pretty messed up that a promo that costs at most $120 a year (if it's $10 a month) could end up making you pay hundreds more later if you want to upgrade receivers!

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised Dish didn't use those Sling Adapter rebates as an excuse to not fulfill Hopper upgrade promos, or at least they didn't in my case anyway... Knocking on wood...

I got $10.00 off for a year a few months back and free Hbo/Cinemax for 3 months too. Tuesday I got Half price Hbo for 6 months at $8.00. I also asked what my upgrade price would be for a hopper and two joeys and the online chat tech said $100.00 + installation of $95.00 ,but I could get installation for free if I added the home protection plan for $6.00 a month. I also have 3 DISH accounts for me , my parents & Aunt. I have had freebies on all three accounts to. Now I saved the online chat and printed it up to use if I ever do upgrade to the Hopper sometime in the near future. But $100.00 isn't too bad to get a new hopper /2 joeys system and it didn't seem to matter that I had freebies on my account and even added another promo that night. Of course this quote could be wrong .....

Now I am just posting what I have "heard" around these parts... Personally I have had no such issues with Dish on two separate accounts (still have two,) so I suppose it's all just hearsay. There might be other reasons for these sorts of problems...

I do have to wonder that if I had taken the 3 free PPV coupons, what would I then be in eligibile for and for how long? And at the same time, why don't they just send them to me or make them available in my "offers" section?

On a seperate note, does anyone know when the 1/2 promos end?

Thanks in advance.

I've been a loyal on time paying sub for over 9 years. When I ask CSRs about all these "promos" I hear about, I'm told here are none available to me. I'm sure there might be some software based matrix that generates this response since CSRs don't seem to be able to deviate from the script nor have the authority to make an independent authoritative decision other than "I hear your concern" and "I'm sorry but thanks for being a loyal customer".

Yep. From what I have read around here, any credit you receive makes you ineligible for hopper upgrade promos, so instead of $100 per Hopper upgrade you can look forward to $400+ per Hopper! That's pretty messed up that a promo that costs at most $120 a year (if it's $10 a month) could end up making you pay hundreds more later if you want to upgrade receivers!

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised Dish didn't use those Sling Adapter rebates as an excuse to not fulfill Hopper upgrade promos, or at least they didn't in my case anyway... Knocking on wood...

At $400. to "lease" upgrade it would definitely make sense to buy one instead,then you "own" it.;)

i have only been with dish since 11/1/2011.............. called about hopper upgrade, 1 hopper , 1 joey, $300.00 for the upgrade.

sorry, i don't watch enough TV to pay that. heck i don't care about HD. but they gave it to me free for life. my original install was $100.00 but i get that back in credits.

happy with dish so far, always treated great when calling with any questions.

OK, folks, how do you get the $10/month off? I was never informed of that promo. Is it just for people with certain packages? My two years are up tomorrow.

There is something else up with your situation. I always take advantage of promo's too. My H/J was $100. I have been with Dish for a very long time (>10 years). When the economy was bad, I did a chat to see if they had any promo's and they gave me $10 off for 12. I have had one bad experience with Dish that really upset me one time, but they rectified it after I explained my displeasure.

There has to be either a horrible note on that account or something we don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)