Why shouldn't I get in FTA???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
sorry....unless you consider "Caliente" which is on Univision (scantly clad women dancing to hip Mexican music in hot areas like Miami Beach and Mexico) :D
Also...
WEW (Women's Extreme Wrestling, I think) on LickTV on G10R, if it's still on, had some good wardrobe and camera angles. Not to mention that it was women, some quite attractive, wrestling each other. :)
FashionTV (all modeling shows) on IA5 has some risque clothing.

But occasionally there will be a premium channel temporarily in the clear, and that's about the most mature-type stuff I've seen on FTA.

I think FTA is great. Even just picking up locals in another time zone is pretty cool.

FTA is REALLY great if you are looking for ethnic programming. Lots of Asian / Latin American / Middle Eastern content.

I'm very happy with my money spent so far. My fiance thought it was a complete waste since we didn't get HBO on it (had to manage the expectations there!) but she's coming around. This La Academia Program on PAS9 has her hooked :cool: . She actually asked me to show her how to operate the Coolsat!

The only reason I would say not to get into it is if the content isn't appealing to you. As far as I'm concerned, free is good!

Shawn95GT said:
I think FTA is great. Even just picking up locals in another time zone is pretty cool.

FTA is REALLY great if you are looking for ethnic programming. Lots of Asian / Latin American / Middle Eastern content.

I'm very happy with my money spent so far. My fiance thought it was a complete waste since we didn't get HBO on it (had to manage the expectations there!) but she's coming around. This La Academia Program on PAS9 has her hooked :cool: . She actually asked me to show her how to operate the Coolsat!

The only reason I would say not to get into it is if the content isn't appealing to you. As far as I'm concerned, free is good!
I hate to tell you, but once you're married, she won't be interested in much of anything you like ;)

sikma said:
I hate to tell you, but once you're married, she won't be interested in much of anything you like ;)

hell, you don't have to be married to have your girlfriend not like anything you do :)

ultatryon said:
LickTV? never heard of that one.... Where is it on G10?

yep. G10
When Equity won their lawsuit against Pax, they pulled PAx off 4 styations and made them "Lick TV" (TV with Guts). Mainly showed boxing and wrestling. Now its not as good, as they've switched to America OPne programming at night with poker, blackjack, and a fishing show

11799 TP 8th channel (KWBS..but is KDEV)
WPXS (has it from 9-10 nightly)

Unckle_Fun_Knuckles said:
What directions should I face when checking? I was gonna put the dish on a 6foot pole on the peak of the house to increase the view.
Thanks!

You may want to rethink this strategy... unless you really like being on your roof.

Also, a 36" dish creates a lot of wind load. Having it atop a 6 foot pole on your roof... it's going to move around alot, and cause a lot of stress to your roof.

If it all possible, I'd pole mount it on the ground.

I had a similar idea and bought a thick 10' pole, 4' of which was mounted with brackets to the side of the house, the rest stuck up above it. I'm only using a Winegard 76cm but my signal went in and out frequently. Reception was good, but unstable. The pole was 100% secured and solid, but I went out and watched it... the windload (not even in a HEAVY wind, but a medium breeze) made the dish shake slightly, enough to lose some signal and break up the picture. I removed the whole setup, and re-mounted the Winegard on a standard J-mount. Now even with 35% Quality, the picture stays very solid. Wind no longer troubles me much (short of a hailstorm :) ) If you're going to use a pole, better sink it in concrete, AND fill it with concrete! Otherwise, speaking from experience, I'd recommend using something smaller and more secure.

Though I totally understand your wanting all the height you can get :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)