Why subscribe to Game Plan???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I WANT MORE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
"Middle of Nowhere"
Just looked at the '07 Game Plan schedule for Sept. and there is nothing but crap.
With the BTN now taking most of those games there isn't much left for Game Plan.

but if you paid attention, you'd see that not all games have been sked for september. and the first few weeks of games are usually insignificant anyhow.

i'm not saying it will be better this year than last. but it might be premature to judge.

Question....
Western Carolina at Alabama is one of the games for Sept. 1
I live in Alabama. If I understand correctly I will not be able to view this game unless I buy it PPV. Is this correct?
Thanks

Just looked at the '07 Game Plan schedule for Sept. and there is nothing but crap.
With the BTN now taking most of those games there isn't much left for Game Plan.

The BTN has all the Big Ten games , so you will not find ANY Big Ten games on the game plan this year.

Jimbo

The BTN has all the Big Ten games , so you will not find ANY Big Ten games on the game plan this year.

Jimbo

Hold on now, some of the B10 games may be on GamePlan. The B10 television agreement only covers games played at a B10 venue (or where the B10 team is home). Looking at the schedule, most of the games I expected to be on GamePlan have been picked up by ESPN360 or ESPNU. The only game that I see that is unscheduled would be the PSU @ Temple which could possibly end up on GamePlan. Primetime regional games, such as the Wisconsin/Iowa game on 9/22, could end up on GamePlan for those of you outside of the assigned Wisconsin/Iowa region.

GamePlan will still carry some interesting games, but with FSN, Versus carrying bigger games, and more games going to ESPNU, it looks like the the value of the GamePlan package has been lessened.

Hold on now, some of the B10 games may be on GamePlan. The B10 television agreement only covers games played at a B10 venue (or where the B10 team is home).

Terry,
Where did you see the info that they are only doing home games ?
I have not seen that yet, I have been over the BTN website several times a week, but not yet this week.
Is this info there now ?

Jimbo

Terry,
Where did you see the info that they are only doing home games ?
I have not seen that yet, I have been over the BTN website several times a week, but not yet this week.
Is this info there now ?

Jimbo

It has to do with who has the television rights. The B10 only has rights to the games played at their venues. In other words, television rights reside with the home team. B10 home games will be on ABC (with ESPN/2 coverage for regional games), ESPN, ESPN2, and BTN. B10 games may appear on the previously mentioned channels and: ESPNU, ESPN360.com, Versus, FSN, CSTV, TBS, NBC, ESPN+/GamePlan, and maybe others.

Here's a chat (search for "non-conference") that specifically mentions non-conference away games:
Big Ten Network - Mark Silverman Chat Transcript from May 24, 2007

As I mentioned, this probably isn't going to be much of a problem. The bigger problem will be regional prime time games.

It has to do with who has the television rights. The B10 only has rights to the games played at their venues. In other words, television rights reside with the home team. B10 home games will be on ABC (with ESPN/2 coverage for regional games), ESPN, ESPN2, and BTN. B10 games may appear on the previously mentioned channels and: ESPNU, ESPN360.com, Versus, FSN, CSTV, TBS, NBC, ESPN+/GamePlan, and maybe others.

Here's a chat (search for "non-conference") that specifically mentions non-conference away games:
Big Ten Network - Mark Silverman Chat Transcript from May 24, 2007

As I mentioned, this probably isn't going to be much of a problem. The bigger problem will be regional prime time games.

Good catch Terry,
I stand corrected,
I had not seen this chat session yet.

Thank You,
Jimbo

Hold your horses, everything will be fine.

Just to let you know, some weeks MAY have not been picked by the networks yet. CBS & ABC have 1st refusal for their conferences and are not required to announce their television plans until 13 days out. After they pick, ESPN picks, then Lincoln Financial and so on. Also, CBS & ABC both have 2 Six-Day Options to use a year, in which, they will not pick until 6 days out and that will affect all of the smaller nets wanting to televise a game.

Im looking at your location and assume you are a auburn or georgia fan?
For me(alabama baby!) I got it for the games that alabama plays on pay per view. just a few of those and its paid for, plus i get the other SEC games that wont make LF . Its worth it i think

Question....
Western Carolina at Alabama is one of the games for Sept. 1
I live in Alabama. If I understand correctly I will not be able to view this game unless I buy it PPV. Is this correct?
Thanks
Not sure, i have heard that. If thats true, then the above advice i gave may not be good for the poster if he wants to follow the barn. I live right across the state line in mississippi so im good for bama. I still want it for the lesser SEC games though

Im looking at your location and assume you are a auburn or georgia fan?
For me(alabama baby!) I got it for the games that alabama plays on pay per view. just a few of those and its paid for, plus i get the other SEC games that wont make LF . Its worth it i think

Actually I am a Sooner fan. Anymore I can hardly stand to watch anything if it is not in HD. Nothing I've read says that GP will be HD this season. With all of the other choices with HD I just can't see why I would watch anything on GP. When is the drop dead date to cancel? I have already paid for it.

Actually I am a Sooner fan. Anymore I can hardly stand to watch anything if it is not in HD. Nothing I've read says that GP will be HD this season. With all of the other choices with HD I just can't see why I would watch anything on GP. When is the drop dead date to cancel? I have already paid for it.

haha well i was WAY off! teaches me to assume!

I feel your pain on the HD vs SD problem. No this year Gameplan wont be in HD, possible next year. If you have already paid this year, D* probably wont give you your money back, the only thing you can do is to cancel the rebill for next year. Unless you can find a really really nice CSR.
Id probably just keep it until the word is out on the HD next year

I would imagine that cancelation can occur up to the point of the first game's kickoff...maybe 24-hours before. But if no product has been delivered as of yet, and no advantage has been gained, you have a huge argument to have the programming canceled without penalty. Just ask nicely :)

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I would imagine that cancelation can occur up to the point of the first game's kickoff...maybe 24-hours before. But if no product has been delivered as of yet, and no advantage has been gained, you have a huge argument to have the programming canceled without penalty. Just ask nicely :)

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
yeah its possible i imagine, i know when i got full court and decided i didnt want it they didnt refund any, or maybe half, not sure. Season hadnt started yet.

Just call and ask nicely

Status
Please reply by conversation.