why won't Dish fix their idiotic guide issues?

Hey, interesting as I had noticed just TODAY how some of the INFO writing seemed very different from TiVo, and I wondered if Dish was moving to a new service because a lot of programs that had LOUSY, very useless INFO descriptions now have longer and USEFUL info descriptions.

Do you know who the NEW EPG data provider is? Is it Gracenote? I think TiVo and Gracenote are about the only options, but I thought I ran across a 3rd, but they seemed NOT to be in the business of providing to MVPD's

I can hardly wait to see a real difference with the new data. Too bad TiVo didn't take the time (and money) in these last years since they got almost all the MVPD's from Gracenote to make their EPG data better. Now, they lost Dish's business. I wonder who else TiVo lost because TiVo's EPG data was that BAD.
Own customers...?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am in Tucson, and an unfortunate Guide error has returned -- the Guide lists the wrong programming.

Instead of showing the programing for ABC KGUN on Channel 9, the guide duplicates the listing for CW Channel 58. My favorite ABC programs can still be viewed, but only if I set a timer based on the incorrect CW listings.

Two years ago a Dish representative named BRITTNEY GARDEN monitored these boards, and volunteered to fix it. Within a couple of days, the Guide was displaying correctly.

When the issue recurred a few months ago, I learned that Brittney was transferred to the Wireless division (hope she still has a job). And even though Brittney told me exactly what was done to fix the problem (advise Guide provider of error), TECH can't find her notes, nor can anyone figure it out.

6 months have passed, without success. If I leave Dish, it will likely be because of frustrations on issues such as this.

This thread has been going for years now and the guides just keep getting worse. Streaming offers less info than Dish, yet I do not see a thread on the sh!tty streaming guides. You can't even distinquish the new episodes from the rerpeats on streaming. You just record all episodes and then hope you can guessI(sort) them out.

Reactions: charlesrshell
This thread has been going for years now and the guides just keep getting worse. Streaming offers less info than Dish, yet I do not see a thread on the sh!tty streaming guides. You can't even distinquish the new episodes from the rerpeats on streaming. You just record all episodes and then hope you can guessI(sort) them out.
You don't record streaming at all, right? All episodes are available 'VOD'. The advantage being that even if guides are deficient, all the episodes remain ready to start, even if just to verify content(?)