Why would Dish turn off the HD feed in the middle of a baseball game?

On a related note (not meaning to hijack the thread), has anyone else noticed a siginificant decrease in PQ on the RSNs? I was watching the Cubs/Giants game the other day and the artifacting was terrible! If they can't carry the games in HD, why waste HD bandwidth?

You may have seen fog rolling over the stadium. I just got DishHD a few days ago, and was watching The Saturday day game of Giants vs Dodgers on CSN Bay Area, and I thought Iwas seeing lines of dark pixilation or shadowing, but it was the fog rolling over (i noticed when they panned out to the whole ballpark). I don't know if this will help, but i'm getting CSN BA in great in HD.

And sorry to everyone else, i'm not trying to hijack the topic)

Won't these issues be solved when E* gets more satellites? D* has so much more bandwith isn't that why they don't have the issues with HD programming? I have had both services and found that E* DVR's so much easier to use that D*. I also had a issue with NHL Centre Ice. On D* if you set a timer from the guide it was for 6 hours with no way to change the end time. If I wanted to record ovelapping games I had to go through the 5 minute process to set a manual timer. With E* I could cut the first period off and catch the rest of the game.

The switching is automated and no one is monitoring it.

Not so sure about that. Yesterday's M's game went 15 innings, 4 hrs and 12 minutes. According to the guide, it was well past 2 other programs when they finally switched it off, and that was after the post-game show had ended. So, I think it's being done manually...

I don't think the FoxSports South HD feed has been turned on once from dish for the Braves games

What???

Every home game of the Braves that SportsSouth and FoxSports South have telecast has been in HD.

Heck, even Sunday's game vs. the Astros which was rain-delayed 1 and 1/2 hours to start and then lasted 18 innings was entirely shown in HD.

It is done manually, sometimes redsox games get shutoff right after the final out, of post game on field interview. One time a 4pm game ended at 8pm and E* didn't turn off the feed till 1am but no bandwith wasted has everything on NESN is HD 24/7 no upconvert. Charlie Moore HD is the best .

Having "game only" HD RSNs was a solid concept but, not surprisingly, it has been poorly implemented by Dish. Some of the feeds don't start on time, some end early and a good portion are skipped altogether due to, "limited bandwidth." :down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts