Wi-Fi Adapter

Ok, forgive the noob question, I'm new to the idea of going wireless with a receiver, but why hook the 722(k) to your home network? I'm thinking of getting a Sling adapter at some point in the future so know I'll need it for that, but what about before then? Does it mean I'd just get access to on-demand programming or would I able to watch the 722's content on a PC that's on the same home network?
I clicked on BlockBuster Movie Pass today, selected an HD movie, and was streaming within seconds. That's why I am connected. :)

Has anyone tried using the adapter in a 2.0 powered hub along with EHD's ??

It hooked right up to the hub........configured in minutes...worked fine

BUT this morning I had to reboot the 722 to obtain an internet connection even though it was connected to the network. It seems from reading other posts that this is not uncommon...is there a fix coming?

If not. it's not worth the effort...to me, anyway.

Ok, forgive the noob question, I'm new to the idea of going wireless with a receiver, but why hook the 722(k) to your home network? I'm thinking of getting a Sling adapter at some point in the future so know I'll need it for that, but what about before then? Does it mean I'd just get access to on-demand programming or would I able to watch the 722's content on a PC that's on the same home network?
It makes it much easier to manage your recordings, especially if you have a lot of them.

Also, if you forget to set your DVR, or hear about a show you want to record, while you're away from home, you can set your DVR remotely, as well.

BUT this morning I had to reboot the 722 to obtain an internet connection even though it was connected to the network. It seems from reading other posts that this is not uncommon...is there a fix coming?

One of the DIRT members sent in a report for the same problem that I was having so maybe there will be a software fix coming "soon".

As lazydogmot said I submitted a report for him. Can you please send a PM with your account information so I can submit one for you as well? Can you also please include your software version.

I expect a sad reply to this, but does anyone know if Wild Blue (thru Dish) is apt to be fast enough to support streaming? Fingers and eyes crossed.

It will support it. But it's painfully slow. I connected an existing WB customer to a 722 (had to set up a wireless router, and a wifi adapter first), and it did connect to Blockbuster, but it was giving an estimated time of like 2 hours to download an sd file. It really isn't practical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)