Wi-Fi Adapter

Do a search. You will find that people have mixed results with other adapters. If you own another one go ahead and try it but my recommendation is to just buy what is recommended.

Does any USB adapter work with the 722k? Or, does it have to be the Netgear WNDA3100?

Also, I heard that Dish was selling that model for $25 shipped. Is that still the case?

I can tell you that I tried using a Netgear "wireless N-300 USB adapter WNA3100" (from the back of the adapter and no "D" in there) and I got a message from my 722 saying it was an unsupported device. This is one I already had. I then ordered the adapter from the Dish store and yes, it was $25 shipped + sales tax. It does not say what the brand/model # is. Should be here Monday.

Ed

From what I understand, the D is for Dual Band. That's nice, as I like to keep my media devices on the 5GHz band, except for my two Revues, which only do 2.4GHz.

Please post in this thread how the new one works for you, once you get it set up.

From what I understand, the D is for Dual Band. That's nice, as I like to keep my media devices on the 5GHz band, except for my two Revues, which only do 2.4GHz.

Please post in this thread how the new one works for you, once you get it set up.

Will do. Probably Monday night.

Ed

I bought mineoff ebay for $12.00 free shipping. There is one for $15.00 free shipping on ebay right now

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Never noticed an audio drop. Screen res looks (on the SD programs I've tried) much BETTER than SD on Dish.

Yesterday I ordered a new Netgear WNDR3300 'N' router to replace my aging Netgear G router, and a Netgear WNDA3100v2 adapter. We'll see how that goes. I'm currently using the homeplug setup, and the performance is horribly slow.

Normally the bottleneck is your home intrnet speed. Both Homeplug and wireless are generally faster.

I'm running 5mbps down...not great, but I think I get a lot of interference in my house wiring for using homeplug. I could pony up another $10 for 8mbps down, but I'm too cheap at the moment. :)

Does any USB adapter work with the 722k? Or, does it have to be the Netgear WNDA3100?

Also, I heard that Dish was selling that model for $25 shipped. Is that still the case?
I bought the ones from Dish for my 622's and they work great.

GaryPen, If I were you I would stick to the wireless adapter that Dish supports. It is not like a PC where you can just go on the internet and download a driver for the wireless adapter. The drivers for the wireless adapter have to be included in Dish Network's firmware internally in the receiver. It would be impossible for Dish to include every driver for all the different adapters that are out there... so Dish picked a certain adapter to support and it is a pretty good one.

If you want to do the work, you can try to find an adapter that uses the same chipset as the WNDA3100 and hope that it will work with the Dish receiver... but it is quite a bit easier and safer to just stick with the one that Dish supports.

Sounds good. $25 is a good price for a dual-band adapter, anyway. As soon as I start Dish service at home next month, I'm gonna buy two of them. (I currently use Dish at work, where I have wired LAN connections for the DVR's. I haven't had a personal account in quite some time.)

Check eBay before u buy I purchased one for $12.00 free shipping. Recently saw one for $15.00 free shipping.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Well, I got the WNDA3100 up and running last night. Bought the adapter and Netgear WNDR Dual Band router off of ebay. I'm connected to the adapter using the 5GHz band, and am pleased so far. SD content started playing within 5 seconds, but the jury is still in deliberations on the HD content. One thing's for sure though, this setup beats the crap out of the HomePlug setup that I had.

An alternative is to use a wireless gaming adapter like the Linksys WGA-600n. It will connect to your reciever with an ethernet cable as opposed to usb. The receiver thinks it is physically connected to a router port but the gaming adapter is talking to the wireless router @ 5ghz. I have tried it and really didn't notice any increase in performance though. If your receiver is close to your router, just do a wired connection. If the router is in a different room, just use the sling link turbo solution. The WGA-600N is also a great workaround for getting the new XBOX 360 Slim to see he 5ghz signal and receive a wireless high def stream.

Ok, forgive the noob question, I'm new to the idea of going wireless with a receiver, but why hook the 722(k) to your home network? I'm thinking of getting a Sling adapter at some point in the future so know I'll need it for that, but what about before then? Does it mean I'd just get access to on-demand programming or would I able to watch the 722's content on a PC that's on the same home network?

Last edited: