Widget Testing: CE 02:03 12/23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
The Widgets server was updated yesterday, to CE:02:03

Users that are #1425 or less should be able to login and use Widgets.
If you can't login, please report with your iamanedgecutter registration number.

This update contained:
--) Fixed website UI issues
--) Mandatory/optional parameters
--) Ability to preview uploaded images
--) Ability to select from pre-existing images

Welcome to the Widgets Open CE Testing : AKA Widgets Testing Phase 2.

This phase of the Widget testing is available to all CE Users, that are active participants at one of the CE discussion forums.
In order to participate, you must submit your DIRECTV.COM login information to:
http://www.iamanedgecutter.com/Projects/WidgetsCE/default.aspx
For anyone that hasn't registered for widgets yet, please include your forum name on the registration - it makes it much easier for DirecTV to tie issues to receivers/accounts.

There are multiple pieces to the trial, but first some information.

-) All aspects of the widgets are classified as CE versions.
This means that the software is solid, stable, but is still being developed and enhanced.
There may be times when the website is shutdown, restarted, or just unavailable.
There also may be times when we have to clear out the head-end database. So please understand that before continuing with the trials.

-) The CE rules apply to this trial. Discussion about Widgets must remain in the CE forums as designated by the moderators of your site.
Do not contact DIRECTV customer support via any method: email, phone, forums.directv.com, snail-mail, twitter, facebook, ect about Widgets.

If you have any issues, post them in the appropriate threads on your forum site.

-) Please read all the license agreements that you will have to accept on the website. We highly recommend that you do not just “accept” them to speed up the signup process.

-) Please report issues and errors, even if you think they are small. Include as much information as possible.
Very important when reporting issues about the website, that you include your OS, Browser Software, and Browser Version (even if it is a BETA version) with any error message.
Screen shots and Videos are also very helpful, if it is difficult to express in typed word.

-) Features that you think are missing or think should be changed, should be posted in the discussion threads or in areas that your moderators dictate.

Enabling Widgets on your DVR:
Widgets are only available on the HR2* and the R2* series. (They are not available on the D1*, H2*, R*, or any other DIRECTV DVR)

You must be at a minimum software version 0x12A, but it is highly recommend that you are running the latest CE version.
See your forum FAQs on information on how to download the CE versions if you don’t know.

To enable widgets:
Keyword Search: WIDGETSON

After enabling, with a full video display (either live or playback), use the RIGHT arrow key/button to display your Widgets dock.

Accessing the Widgets User configuration pages:

Via your computer (the site is not designed for mobile access), load up the URL
DIRECTV Widgets | Login

Use the DIRECTV.COM login that you provided when signing up, and the corresponding password to access the site.

Follow the appropriate prompts to complete your setup.

You now will have access to add Widgets to your systems.

Creating Widgets:
There are three types of widgets:
1) DIRECTV Created
2) End User Created, using the DIRECTV WDK
3) End User Created, using custom programming

Currently the WDK is not available. We are expecting to have the WDK available to the CE before Thanksgiving.
We will provide and update before Thanksgiving on the status of the WDK.

However, you can still create Widgets.
There are only a few requirements and you can create your own widgets.
1) You need to have a internet publicly accessible hosting site that accepts an HTTP request.
2) Your URL accepts parameters (if necessary) via an HTTP QUERYSTRING method: example: http://mysite.com/widget.php&myparm1=foo
3) The output of your page is an PNG image, that is 400x300
4) Your Widget content conforms to the rules you agreed to when signing up. All Widgets are subject to DIRECTV approval, before being made available.

Those are the only requirements.
You can use ANY language or technology on your website. PHP, ASP.NET, ASP Classic, JAVA, anything you want.

Again, thank you for participating in the Widgets Open CE Field Trials.
Please report any issues and feedback in the areas designated at your forum site.

Ok I was 1245, so I log in to the Directv widgets site and it says I have no eligible network receivers. I have a HR21 running last weeks' CE (12/12 sorry I missed this week) I ran all the network tests/configuration from the setup menu and all is ok. I have searched widgetson and can get the sample widgets coming here bar. I am running IE7 on Vista. Do I just need to wait or am I missing something?

i am number 707....I am able to login to the website, and set up both of my receivers... hr21 and an hr 20.....but I have never been able to get the widgets dock to come up, even after this recent server update. I some times get a brief black screen, but that has been it...

Ok I was 1245, so I log in to the Directv widgets site and it says I have no eligible network receivers. I have a HR21 running last weeks' CE (12/12 sorry I missed this week) I ran all the network tests/configuration from the setup menu and all is ok. I have searched widgetson and can get the sample widgets coming here bar. I am running IE7 on Vista. Do I just need to wait or am I missing something?

I have the same thing. My account information on directv.com shows correctly that I have one HR21-700.

i am number 707....I am able to login to the website, and set up both of my receivers... hr21 and an hr 20.....but I have never been able to get the widgets dock to come up, even after this recent server update. I some times get a brief black screen, but that has been it...

Can you confirm for me that you did the keyword search:

To enable widgets:

After enabling, with a full video display (either live or playback), use the RIGHT arrow key/button to display your Widgets dock.

Can you confirm for me that you did the keyword search:

To enable widgets:

#707....I have done a WIDGETSON keyword on both recievers....I hit the right arrow and get a blick of the blue light on the front of the reciever....no error "boink"... and no widget screen....just to be sure I did a WIDGETSOFF....used the right arrow and did get an error "boink" tone....in a playback, i hit the right arrow and occasionaly get a brief black screen (1 sec or so)...no widget screen....I am connected to the internet and confirmed the connectivity....I have also pinged the DTV site as requedted in a privious thread and got the IP address as expected....hmmm..

Number 718.

Are they still having problems with the HR22-100, the website still doesn't list my receiver. I have software version 2af

I still get "Widgets coming soon" when I click right, plus I never got a full video display (either live or playback), when I did the Keyword search and entered WIDGETSON.

I also have windows XP pro, I use Firefox 3.0.5

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 228
  • untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 218
website doesnt show my recievers

I am finally able to login to the widgets website. However, the website does not list my compatible receivers. In fact, it doesnt show any of my receivers. I am number 1417.

Widgetson works on my dvr and when i right arrow it shows widgets coming soon.

On the new Weather Channel Widgets it gives me the wrong infomation for my zip code 04609.
- It is Sunday now, but it gives my forecast starting on Tuesday.
- The current conditions & forecast is completely wrong. It says it 6 degress out and sunny, but it's 41 degrees out and cloudy at night.

Also: I get the "Widget Not Available" dialog quite often on my widgets in my dock, including the weather channel widget.

#707....I have done a WIDGETSON keyword on both recievers....I hit the right arrow and get a blick of the blue light on the front of the reciever....no error "boink"... and no widget screen....just to be sure I did a WIDGETSOFF....used the right arrow and did get an error "boink" tone....in a playback, i hit the right arrow and occasionaly get a brief black screen (1 sec or so)...no widget screen....I am connected to the internet and confirmed the connectivity....I have also pinged the DTV site as requedted in a privious thread and got the IP address as expected....hmmm..

after this weekends ce....i am still getting the same problems....#707

i don't remember what # I was. what do i do? i can't login after this latest update. :mad:

There are three weather widgets. one doesn't ask for a zip code - which makes it worthless. If it doesn't want a zip, it can't localize.

The other two are decent, one shows a 5 day forcast and the current temp on the widget bar. The problem is it isn't updating. As of today it still shows the forcast image for yesturday, and I have no idea when the current temp cature is from.'

The other weather shows only the current forcast information (which complements the first one well). It appears to be updating ok, but doesn't always load. It took a few tries to get an image, instead of "widget not available."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)