Not open for further replies.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Use this thread to discuss the widget test - including the widgets themselves, creating widgets, or anything that is not an "issue".

Please see the issues thread for info on how to join the test, or how to activate widgets on your receiver.

The selection of widgets is very limited, but right now it is early...

There will be a software for creating widgets as well. It's a little over my head, but anyone that is experienced in web development, they can probably do it easily.

One change I noticed from the early testing is that they made the actual widget screen (the image you see after selecting a widget) bigger, taking most of the screen, over 50%. I'm curious if you guys think it is too big or just right?

There are parameters to set transparency!

One change I noticed from the early testing is that they made the actual widget screen (the image you see after selecting a widget) bigger, taking most of the screen, over 50%. I'm curious if you guys think it is too big or just right?
:upI do not think it is a problem, seems fine!:up
:welcomeNetwork services always start OK on my HR21-100 but the connection test always failed! Widgets work fine though!:flag:

Widget SDK

:welcomeI just downloaded and installed the latest SUN JAVA SDK and then got the Widget SDK working (just be certain to preserve the folder names when unpacked!)!:rainbow

I did the Widgetson search and now have access to the widgets bar, but it still says "Coming Soon"
When I went to the website and logged in, went to browse and keep getting "Error " when ever going into a tab.

Jimbo

Did you follow the instructions?

I just get the "widgets coming soon" tab. I can't do anything else from there. Am I doing something wrong here? Help
:eek:Have you:
Via your computer (the site is not designed for mobile access), load up the URL
http://widgets.directv.com

Use the DIRECTV.COM login that you provided when signing up, and the corresponding password to access the site.

Follow the appropriate prompts to complete your setup.

You now will have access to add Widgets to your systems

What XML editor are you using?

:yikesI have installed XML Notepad 2007 and find that the xml from the Widget SDK seems to be accepted OK; however, there is no XSLT-file which shows the transform.
I have attached gif images of the results. Does anyone suggest other FREE xml/xsl editors or tools?:yikes
attachment.php

attachment.php

:tux:I have PMd Scott and would really appreciate hosting for widgets!:tux:

Attachments

• CustomWidgetXML.gif
    CustomWidgetXML.gif
    56.7 KB · Views: 308
  • CustomWidgetStyle.gif
    CustomWidgetStyle.gif
    61.1 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
How the heck are we suppose to use the widgets if our receivers don't even show up on the Widgets Website to add widgets. That makes not sense

Why is there nothing being done about this or at lease some information being provided about this? MODS: Please give us some information about this issue. Does Directv even know about this issue??

Jimbo, did you register before #830?

p0, Scott will get back to you soon, he's a bit behind on messages right now. I have no idea on the creator issue, but thanks for posting it.

Sundude, see my response in the other thread, and chill out ;)

I have modified my client widgit, now what?

. I have no idea on the creator issue, but thanks for posting it.
;)
I have modified the News feed sample that comes with the sdk, but now what, how do I use it?
p.s., I would think that the webserver provided with the Widget SDK (http://192.168.2.2:5000) could be used for testing locally on my HR21?
attachment.php

Attachments

• ClientWidget.gif
    ClientWidget.gif
    95.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
You have to have them hosted to the outside internet.

DirecTV reviews the submission, then approves them. If approved, it shows in the catalog for everyone to test. You can't develop/test them individually, or make them just for your use (with the exception of using the RSS feed viewer through the widget page.)

OH!

You have to have them hosted to the outside internet.
DirecTV reviews the submission, then approves them. If approved, it shows in the catalog for everyone to test. You can't develop/test them individually, or make them just for your use (with the exception of using the RSS feed viewer through the widget page.)
:eek:OH!:eek:
:confused:Well, using the Widget SDK, how does one promote them to a hosted outside internet server? There simply appears to be just a PUBLISH button? I am capable of using FTP to upload whatever is required to a hosted server, just wondering if there are options coming in the Widget sdk?
However, I guess you are saying that even then they have to be approved by DirecTV and are available to all!:confused:
p.s.: I think what I had toyed with is "the exception of using the RSS feed viewer through the widget page" If by widget page you mean the one that shows up using the sdk? (Then, again, perhaps you mean changing the parameters on the rss feed one at widgets.directv.com?)
:eek:Also, I find that when I use any of the templates in the Widget SDK and then publish, I get: For input string: "true" and the widget doesn't publish? (I have even used some png images in the slide viewer which displays OK in the preview (but I don't seem to get anything but one picture in the preview)?
:eek:I think these are some appropriate entrys from the log:

9:02:42,196 DEBUG [StAXSOAPModelBuilder] Build the OMElelment CodeBy the StaxSOAPModelBuilder
19:02:42,196 DEBUG [StAXSOAPModelBuilder] Build the OMElelment ValueBy the StaxSOAPModelBuilder
19:02:42,196 DEBUG [StAXSOAPModelBuilder] Build the OMElelment ReasonBy the StaxSOAPModelBuilder
19:02:42,196 DEBUG [StAXSOAPModelBuilder] Build the OMElelment TextBy the StaxSOAPModelBuilder
19:02:42,196 DEBUG [StAXSOAPModelBuilder] Build the OMElelment DetailBy the StaxSOAPModelBuilder
19:02:42,196 ERROR [WebServiceManager] For input string: "true"
19:02:42,196 DEBUG [WebServiceManager] [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1523d40
19:02:42,196 ERROR [WidgetTemplateController] For input string: "true"
19:02:42,196 DEBUG [WidgetTemplateController] [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@334bfe
19:02:42,196 INFO [WidgetTemplateController] setting the required attributes for handling the request
19:02:42,196 INFO [WidgetTemplateController] gettting all the deployed widgets, without search option
And here are some entrys from the widget log:
19:02:23,309 INFO [WidgetDeployer] deployed widgets count before undeploy is 4
19:02:23,459 INFO [WidgetDeployer] deployed widgets count after undeploy is 3
19:02:23,599 INFO [WidgetDeployer] deployed widgets count before deploy is 3
19:02:23,599 INFO [WidgetDeployer] parameters as below
19:02:23,740 INFO [WidgetDeployer] widget deployed successfully.
19:02:23,740 INFO [WidgetDeployer] deployed widgets count after deploy is 4
19:02:23,890 INFO [CatalogUpdater] count of deployed[4] and published[4] widgets are equal
19:02:23,890 INFO [CatalogUpdater] deployed and published widgets match
19:02:23,890 INFO [WebServiceManager] calling updateClient Widget in webService manager, action addWidget
19:02:23,890 INFO [WidgetTransformer] Refresh Rate : 20
19:02:23,890 INFO [WebServiceManager] Adding widget images ...
19:02:23,890 INFO [WebServiceManager] webImage image file pathC:\Documents and Settings\Raymond Polone\Desktop\Eighter.png
19:02:23,900 INFO [WebServiceManager] dockImage image file pathC:\Documents and Settings\Raymond Polone\Desktop\Eighter.png
19:02:23,900 INFO [WebServiceManager] detailImage image file pathC:\Documents and Settings\Raymond Polone\Desktop\Eighter.png
19:02:23,900 INFO [WebServiceManager] calling addClient athttp://widgets.directv.com/services/ClientService
19:02:42,196 ERROR [WebServiceManager] For input string: "true"
19:02:42,196 ERROR [WidgetTemplateController] For input string: "true"
19:02:42,196 INFO [WidgetTemplateController] setting the required attributes for handling the request
19:02:42,196 INFO [WidgetTemplateController] gettting all the deployed widgets, without search option
19:02:42,346 INFO [WidgetTemplateController] setting the widgets list attribute for the request
19:02:42,346 INFO [WidgetTemplateController] gettting all the widget templates
19:02:42,346 INFO [WidgetTemplateController] setting the templates list attribute for the request
19:02:42,356 INFO [AuthenticationService] before p010ne
19:02:42,356 INFO [AuthenticationService] cookie name : JSESSIONID , 1hj6vvn1qy413
19:02:42,356 INFO [AuthenticationService] cookie name : ASPSESSIONIDSSDQBADD , IDBJALJBJNMBEPCFMPFDCNNG
19:02:42,356 INFO [AuthenticationService] cookie name : username , p010ne
19:02:42,356 INFO [AuthenticationService] after p010ne

Last edited:
You need to place the widgets on a server (scott can do it to satguys server if you want to pm him).

After that, you complete the submission form on the widget.directv.com website, then they evaluate it, and if they choose, approve it for everyone to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)