Wife question - 52.0 remote, record...

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Okay, my wife asked me a question related to the 52.0 remote and my only immediate answer (solution) was to hand her our old 40.0 remote. What she was trying to do was record a show, from the guide, that had already started. The key is, she didn't want to change to that show first. How do you do it ?

As you know, the 52.0 remote has no RECORD button. On older remotes, you just move to the show in the guide, press "RECORD", and it records. It appears that with the 52.0 remote, you have to SELECT the show, meaning tune it in or change to that channel, then SELECT again, then Record from the menu. Or am I (and my wife) missing something ?

The best thing about the 52.0 remote is that it has fewer buttons...

The worst thing about the 52.0 remote is that it has fewer buttons...
I do like the size of the 52.0 remote and realize that that smaller size has to mean fewer buttons, but I feel they went a little too far. I can get used to things, mind you - I'm not the old, stubborn, stuck in my ways type. On the other hand, and some people think it's petty, but when something used to take (1) click/press and now takes multiple, is that a good thing ? I don't mean just the lack of a record button either.

Now, now! I am not a huge fan of either the 50 or 52 remotes. The 50 is good for the voice portion but not so much else, IMHO. I prefer the 40 remote when I am charging my Harmony!!! :D

Reactions: JSheridan
I like the size of the 52.0 and I really like the channel, volume and mute buttons and their positions. Other than that I'm a 40.0 fan myself.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I will keep my 40.0 remotes
Some installers insist they have to be returned, so be persistent. Just tell him/her you need to transfer timers, etc but you have to leave. The technician that installed my H3 said all of the remotes get thrown out by them and not returned to Dish.

Reactions: barryaz1
I just went to the H3 from the H2 about 2 months ago. they let me keep both my old remotes (H3, Joey 2). Is nice because now I have 1 old and 1 new remote for each room. Sometimes, just easier to go to the old remote and accomplish easy tasks that the new remote will not easily accomplish.

I have 3 DISH accounts in my name and my older parents are on one, my older aunt is on the other and my wife and I on the third. NONE of them knows how to do anything and throw their hands up and say I can't get it to work. That is Vip 722k for my parents, 211k with dvr external hard drive for my Aunt and a Hopper 3 /4k joey /2joeys on my account. I get technical questions from some one about twice a week. We have had DISH for 20 years on the 18th of this month and my parents have had the 722k since 2011 , my aunt has had a 501 then 211k since 2012. We have gone through like 3 external hard drives and each time she can't figure out how to reboot the receiver . The bad part is she is like 6 hours from me , so I can't just run over and hit the power button. My parents have constant issues when the ota channel goes down and the Lost signal message comes up. I got so tired of it I removed all their ota channels to fix it, till I can install a amplifier on their antenna this weekend. So it isn't just wives that can't figure out the remote controls , it is also older people too. :idea

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)