Wild Blue Customer Service is HORRENDOUS !

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Started at 1:00. Finished at 2:48. Simply needed to get an installer out to do a repair job on an install that worked for three days. Service started 5/23, worked until 5/26 then died. No service for 2 weeks. Installer can't come again until 6/17. That would be 3 days with service, three weeks without and the hold times are UNBEARABLE. I certainly hope they shore this up before going wild with DirecTV and DISH.

mikew said:
Started at 1:00. Finished at 2:48. Simply needed to get an installer out to do a repair job on an install that worked for three days. Service started 5/23, worked until 5/26 then died. No service for 2 weeks. Installer can't come again until 6/17. That would be 3 days with service, three weeks without and the hold times are UNBEARABLE. I certainly hope they shore this up before going wild with DirecTV and DISH.

I'm getting more & more complaints from customers about the hold times with WB Support. With free installation since April 1, they seem to have too many customers but not enough support technicians. I see they're adverstising for help, so hopefully they get this sorted out ASAP.

But honestly your problems sounds like the fault of the installer. The only installation I've had go out in a matter of days was when the customers' dogs chewed through the coax cable. Did you call WB Support shortly after your service went out (As in a day or so)? If so they should have sent out a service ticket within hours requiring the installer to go back out. For service to go out in 3 days, the installation was not done correctly - didn't mount the dish securely/ didn't point & peak the dish on the satellite correctly / or didn't run cabling correctly.

Do you have a phone number to call the installer / installation company direct? 3 Days service & 3 weeks without is not acceptable nor customary service from WB.

I have the number now...There was a component on the dish that failed. The location is about 30 miles from Vegas, but the installer is coming from San Diego. I found the online chat was quick. It was down a couple of days ago. Hopefully, I won't need to place a service call again.

Guess what???? The installer missed the appointment to install the part on Saturday the 17th. Called on Monday the 19th and they couldn't get somebody out until today. Guess what??? The installer didn't show. Now they say the earliest they can come out is Monday.

WTF???????? Over a month and STILL NO SERVICE. GRRRR

I'd do the Hughes solution if they weren't $30.00/month more expensive. I do have two successes with Wild Blue and certainly hope that they come through on the third. Annually, if this works, my company will save over $1000/year. I just hope Wild Blue will be able to service their customers in a reasonable fashion down the line.

Realistically, this is the level of service I've come to expect from satellite internet and VOIP. I just hope things change...eventually...

same here no way $30 more? maybe $10. i have hn and vonage most of the time im ok but the rest forget it. cell phone for backup. vonage has a service outage call forwarding. i feel all sat internet is not what they claim to be. but hn is in my opinion the best. i did talk to wb support one night the rep said he did not work directly for wb rather a subcontractor for tech support this was a week night about 8pm pdt.

For a business...cheapest price from Hughes is $99.95 and Wild Blue is $69.95. The difference is $30.00. On top of that, Hughes wants $995 for install, while Wild Blue is $300 for equipment with free install.

I'm not trying to use VOIP over satellite, I was just stating that the level of service with Wild Blue is very similar to the level of service I've received with VOIP companies I've dealt with (Broadvox & Lingo). Exessive wait times. This morning's wait to speak with a human...53 minutes.

mikew said:
For a business...cheapest price from Hughes is $99.95 and Wild Blue is $69.95. The difference is $30.00. On top of that, Hughes wants $995 for install, while Wild Blue is $300 for equipment with free install.

I'm not trying to use VOIP over satellite, I was just stating that the level of service with Wild Blue is very similar to the level of service I've received with VOIP companies I've dealt with (Broadvox & Lingo). Exessive wait times. This morning's wait to speak with a human...53 minutes.

i dont think WB has a business or enterprise setup....you are using a residential setup for a business....and all i can say is you get what you pay for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts