WildBlue Beams - Closed & Promotional

CochiseGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Cochise County, Arizona
There's been a couple of questions about which WildBlue beams are closed to new customers. Here's a map of WB beam assignments. The beams in red are closed to new customers. The ones in light blue are "under subscribed" and have a promotion of Free Installation and $100 Off Equipment (total equipment cost of $199). The white beams are open for new customers with Free Installation and standard equipment cost of $299. The promotions are currently through August 31.

The beam map is dated August 3 2006.

WildBlue currently used leased bandwith from a Canadian satellite. WildBlue is due to launch its own satellite this fall, so the beam closures / promotions will likely change after the new bird is up & running. :hungry:

Attachments

• Beams.jpg
    Beams.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
I hear that Spot 21 will be closing soon.

The Great Greczkowski hears all, sees all . . . . . . :D

I hadn't heard that. I checked around and yes, the word is Beam 21 (Northern Calif.) is closing to new installation orders Aug. 25. New installation orders taken until then.

The new satellite - WB1 - is due to launch November. New beams from the new satellite will have double the capacity of current beams, with many more beams - current beam 21 area will have 3 new beams, so 6x current capacity. :)

we are here in arkansas started installing in mid-march and as of the first of aug we were shut down. i live in a rural area and this was great but now we are waiting

:) they should give you there Dial up service until they get back up and ruining! what did you do with the equipment and contract? I'm looking for a used system.

I got a nice little email from WB. Apparently, my certification that I just got in MAY 2006 will expire in Nov 2006 if I don't "recertify" (and pay more money, no doubt). AFAIK, our beam was shut down in June, right after we got certified. I got fired (finally) in early July, and as of that time, our office had NO WB equipment for us to even practice with, even though they were installing WB else where in the country. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for that certificate, but I really feel sorry for the customers in the Memphis area who will be installed by those rock-apes I used to work with. I was the only one of 4 of us to certify on the first try. Anyway, we were basically lied to about the APA, and everybody "said" they would refuse to buy one. We'll see, I supose. I hope weqc gets a contract to inspect those when they come back online. Mo' better routes for me if they do.

:) wow re-cert so soon? i got a question i want to get a used wb system and use it for only a few months (6mo max) then depending on the service keep it as back up. I'm going to use it illegally as in portable RV. i know about the spotbeam problem with this. but what i don't want is to get the original installer in any trouble. any advice? i plan on bull sh*tting wb into thinking a dish was already there and i got a modem from a private party they already say OK to that part. when actually the entire system will be second hand. any advice? thanks!

hobojoe said:
just goes to show you. you must be a multi service installer (wb/hn/sb/dish or directv or all) to survive and make it.

Same here, WB has shut down installs I am in far far western NC, I can still do a few installs to the east but not many. If I didn't do DishNet, Direct, and HN I would be in trouble. As far as Star Band been there done that, hope I don't have to go back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)