WildBlue Satellite ISP. Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good price point

Wildblue is starting off with a great price for equipment and install. NRTC launching with a free install is not nesicary. The buzz for wildblue was good enough. Hopefully the price will remain at $299 when dealers start selling.

free install

when a customer sees FREE install advertised, and then a few months sees $175 install, they will hold off on a purchase until the price drops again.

when will dealers sell

NRTC is getting a head start on sells, does anyone know when dealers will start selling. I read the end of the 3rd quarter. September?

they could make a killing if they keep the price at 299 and free install. alot of home homeowners down here would jump on that.

The $299 pricepoint with free install and $49.99 may be just cheap enough for me to bite if its that cheap and reliable. Still not sure seeing that $49.99 is still a little steep for a monthly price. $40.00 or less is more in the range that I am looking for.

I'm a WildBlue certified installer...

The cost of the equipment to the dealer is $299,
the dealer is not allowed to toss a mark-up on
that price. The dealer required to charge the customer
only what the equipment has cost them. The dealer
makes about $135 for the sign-up, plus about $1.50
per month as long as the customer stays on (for up
to 3 years).

Installation is $179 for the standard install.
This is paid by the customer, not WildBlue.

As an installer, I would have you write a
check to me at the time of the installation.

R___

I've heard things a little differently...

I'd be interested to see some of those
"free install" ads. I went to the sales
meeting where WildBlue spoke to both
the NRTC and private dealers. At that
meeting WildBlue lay-ed out the deal,
and that deal was that the customer
pays $299 for equip (odu & idu) and
$179 to the installer.

That's what I know. Like I said... I was
at the meeting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bumping so if theres a update it can be posted.

WildBlue

I am going through WildBlue's Training this week and will be able to post anything that might be helpful to us all. Please let me know if you have any questions......

I also live out in a rural area. Both Bellsouth(DSL) and Comcast have stated that they have no plans to serve my area.

Wild Blue did mention that you should look for special offers from your service provider. I did find at least one (not in my area) that quoted an equipment cost of $99 but did not quote an installation fee. This is an electric coop in Minnesota.

mlecmn.net

Here is a copy and paste from their website:

Wild Blue...

* 2-way High-Speed Satellite Internet Service (Broadband)
* Available virtually anywhere
* No phone lines, no cable and no dial-up
* Always on
* Up to 30 times faster than 56K dial-up
* $49.95/mo. for speeds up to 512K download
* $99 equipment chg., plus connection and installation fees.
* We plan to offer a "one-dish" solution for Internet and DirecTV in the future.

Wildblue billing will be handled at our Aitkin office. If you have other MLEC services, all will be on the same bill. Monthly payments can be made by direct payment, credit card, check, cash or money order. Online payments can be made on this website.

End of paste

The website was last updated on 04/11/2005, so this information could change as time goes on. They mentioned a availibility date of May. This could also change.

I plan on getting this service as soon as it is available in my area, although I realize that there is some risk being an "early adopter". Wild Blue says a telephone coop that is within 15 miles of my house will be installing, but they have nothing on their website yet. I sent them an email - we'll see what they say.

Omega13

I could careless about gaming thats just what I think. I need fast downloads for windows patches and stuff. I can finally run linux once I get wildblue WHOOOO thank god.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts