Will 211 power an amplified OTA antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eatman3

Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
I have the amplified wing antenna from Winegard that Voom gave out. Been using the built in hd tuner in my Samsung and a Winegard power source, everything worked great. Just got Dish 211, will it provide power to the antenna like the Voom box did or do I need to put the power supply back in the line?

You need to put the power inserter back on, because the voom receiver had a diplexer on the back that inserted the power into the ota line by combining the powered sat signal and the ota signal into one cable and then got diplexed again going to the dish and to the ota antenna. That diplexer from the voom unit doesnt fit on the 211.

eatman3 said:
I have the amplified wing antenna from Winegard that Voom gave out. Been using the built in hd tuner in my Samsung and a Winegard power source, everything worked great. Just got Dish 211, will it provide power to the antenna like the Voom box did or do I need to put the power supply back in the line?

I have a 942 and a 622 using the same antenna and i am not using the power source from winegard. So for me yes dish receivers will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)