Will 522 be available to existing customers

sbell

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
I recently upgraded one of my receivers to the 510 DVR. I am qualified to upgrade to another 510 if I wish. If they are going to offer the 522 for lease early next year, I would wait for that. CSR stated they did not have any current plans to offer 522 to existing customers.

Any info?

Thanks

I have seen posted in some threads that it will be available sometime next year in the "Dish'n It Up Promotion".

522 Availability

The 522 is an amazing receiver and as you know is only offered to new customers as of right now. The reason it is not being offered to the existing cutomers is because of the dramatic change in the installation and setup of the systems that the techs would encounter. The dish pro plus equipment (dpp44 and dpp twin) are only being made available to select retailers and dnsc hubs primaryily to fix the superdish with a wing satellite (say for dominion skyangel programing) issue. Once the dish pro plus equipment becomes more readily available to dnsc hubs, then i forsee dish encorporating the dvr522 and 322 into the current dishn' it up promo.

DishTechCB,

I have a quad 500 with 4 receivers. Is there more involved than taking two lines that are conncected to two of my receivers and running them both into the 522?

Thanks for the reply.

The 522 is already available to existing customers - sort of - if you want to own instead of lease.

There are a lot of them for sale on ebay, you have to be careful and get one that is new in the box and never been activated before (look for kidcash7). The most important thing is to communicate with ceo@echostar.com and let them know you are thinking of buying one, they will advise you to get the R00 and S00 numbers ahead of time, they can check and see if a particular unit is good to be activated.

They are still intended to be lease only but since Echosphere (the manufacturing subsidiary of Echostar) has high restock fees for returns, some retailers (for example if they go out of business) are getting rid of excess stock by selling them.

2 things

You could use your 500quad to upgrade to a dvr522 but not everyone has that set up. Also, it would be a matter of re-running the lines to a new room. The new dish pro plus equipment offers the ease of running only one line to the room with and then the abillity to split it with a dpp seperator (they only work with 322/522). It would be easier to just replace the lnbf then to re-wire everything, atleast in my opinion.

Also, the 322/522 are NOT available to own on an account. The current computer software used by dish does not allow a 522/322 rcvr to be activated on any account other then DHA and some DHP accounts and only if they have the correct codes on them which normally have to be put on there during activation.

DishTechCB,

What you say is true with a couple of additions.

The 721 also works with the separators.

The ceo office can and does override the restrictions for people who buy a 522, as long as it meets their requirements. I know, I have one in my house and was an existing customer, not on DHA or DHP (those plans did not exist when I signed up). Of course their policy on this could change at any time.

I hope it dont change before I get my 522 but that would be my luck. I was told that mine is getting shipped out today. I would have had it shipped out a week ago if it weren't for some issues I had. I do agree about the EPG on the 522 being hard to read.

DishTechCB and Pepper: You both forgot about the 921. It also works with the DPP Separator.

And that means that ALL E* dual-tuner boxes work with it.

SimpleSimon said:
DishTechCB and Pepper: You both forgot about the 921. It also works with the DPP Separator.

And that means that ALL E* dual-tuner boxes work with it.

Welcome to my standard-definition-only world :(

I could've sworn I heard a few Charlie Chats ago I heard him say something about the 522 being available to existing customers soon or maybe I'm just getting old and hearing impaired :p

Talked to Dish abt it today. They told me 522 might be available to current customers in Feb. For lease only...did not know the price though.

what if they are doing a move, that's a new isntall basically, except I already have three receivers there. Why wouldn't they let me snag a 522 at that point?

The chicken & egg situation

Pepper said:
The 522 is already available to existing customers - sort of - if you want to own instead of lease.

There are a lot of them for sale on ebay, you have to be careful and get one that is new in the box and never been activated before (look for kidcash7). The most important thing is to communicate with ceo@echostar.com and let them know you are thinking of buying one, they will advise you to get the R00 and S00 numbers ahead of time, they can check and see if a particular unit is good to be activated.

They are still intended to be lease only but since Echosphere (the manufacturing subsidiary of Echostar) has high restock fees for returns, some retailers (for example if they go out of business) are getting rid of excess stock by selling them.

kidcash7 is specifically saying that he will not give the R00 & S00 numbers before you pay. So, what do you tell the ceo@echostar.com?

:confused:

raka said:
kidcash7 is specifically saying that he will not give the R00 & S00 numbers before you pay. So, what do you tell the ceo@echostar.com?

:confused:

Well I took a chance and bought one of his, based on the feedback score, specifically there was someone I recognized that also bought one and gave positive feedback. Also based on the fact that his auctions specifically state "new in the box, not on anyone's account and not stolen" so if it turned out to be so I would have ample evidence for getting a refund. The one I bought was indeed still sealed in plastic wrap, and was good for activation.

However, this does not confer upon you the right to get mad at me if you are not as lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)