Will 522 remote work for 721?

Slongo

Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
I'm interested in increasing the range of UHF operation of a 721.
I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the "Pro" remote of the 522 with a 721; was range improved and are there enough(too many?) buttons available to cover the functions of a 721??
Thanks in advance.

Slongo said:
I'm interested in increasing the range of UHF operation of a 721.
I was wondering if anyone has tried to use the "Pro" remote of the 522 with a 721; was range improved and are there enough(too many?) buttons available to cover the functions of a 721??
Thanks in advance.
NO the remotes are not compatible, try using an indoor UHF antenna connected by coaxial cable to the UHF antenna input on the back of your receiver. If that dosen't increase your range enough use a UHF/VHF amplifier between the antenna and the receiver. :)

boba said:
NO the remotes are not compatible, try using an indoor UHF antenna connected by coaxial cable to the UHF antenna input on the back of your receiver. If that dosen't increase your range enough use a UHF/VHF amplifier between the antenna and the receiver. :)

He can also use a short piece of coax and an RF barrel connector to extend the existing antenna. That's what I do. I tape the antenna to the top of the rear of one of my tower speakers. It has increased the operating range of the remote for my 721.