Will 622 power DPP44 ?

DAVIDUCH

Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Hey Guys!
I have Dish 121 and planning to buy VIP 622 and install separate dish just for 129 with DPP 44.
Do I need to use Power inserter for DPP 44 or 622 will power it up?
I’ll use only one 622.

There have been reports of it working fine. But it is not recommended and it has the potential to mess up your receivers. So even if it works for awhile, it will probably mess up eventually.

Not necessarily, I have a 622 and a 522 and do not use the power inserter and havn't had one since I got the 622 a year ago! I could not get the reciever to reconize anything but sat 119(I believe might have been just 110) took the power inserter out and everything was fine and has been ever since! I would try to use the power inserter, but if u have problems might try not using it! I have also heard that u need a longer stinger on the input to the power inserter from the cable, could be why I had problems, really don't know! But it will work without it, they just don't recommed it! There u have it! :)

Also Daviduch, if u get the 622 it will come with a duplexer and a couple of black cables to connect to the receiver! This is for running one cable from the switch to the reciever instead of two, if you go the one cable route, do not use the small black cables, have the installer make u some out of the rg6 cable, I had a few problems with this , but now resolved due to the good cables! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts