will 721 work with ONE sat cable?

parkavenue

Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I am moving and also upgrading to a HD 622 in a new home. I would like to keep using my 721 in my office and DO NOT need both tuners (two sat input cables from my old Dish Pro). Will the 721 work with the NEW Dish Pro Plus that will be installed with the 622? Summary question - will the 721 work (single tuner) with ONE sat input cable?

Thanks,

Richard:confused:

Last edited:
Put a separator on that single cable and feed both to the 721's two satellite inputs. You'll have full function on both tuners with just the single cable feeding it. Note I said separator, not splitter. If you don't have one, and you probably don't, call one of the sponsors at the top of this page to buy one.

Your post mentioned "722" - I assume this is a typo, as the 722 hasn't shipped yet.

for the record the 721 will *NOT* work unless both tuners see the same switch matrix. You really should do the DPP Separator thing.

It works great with the 721 and 622 (I have 3 separators, 1 each on the 3 receivers in my sig).

When you upgrade they will upgrade your LNB's to DPP. Then you can use the DPP seperator that allows one cable to connect to both ports. I have the same configuration 622 and a 721 but had two cables running to the 721 until the upgrade. Now only need one.

Ray

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts