Will a DP Plus Seperator work with a DP34?

nlrobert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
I already have one VIP622 and I have a second 622 scheduled for install on tuesday. I have a super dish outside and all of the lines come into the house and terminate into a DP34 switch. I have two coax lines running into the room where my current 622 sits, but all of the other rooms have a single line of coax.

Will I be able to use a DP Plus Separator with my new 622 since I only have one line of coax coming into that room?

Also...will I be able to use a diplexer in conjunction with the DP Plus Separator on the single coax line to support the TV2 out feed from the 622? I will need to feed the TV2 out back through the single coax line in order to direct it to another room in the house.

The good thing is that all of my coax runs come back to a central control center in the house. I just have the dilema of having a single coax run into the room where my second 622 will go and it would be extremely difficult to run a second coax line given the room and its proximity to my control cabinet.

Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I thought you had to have all DPP stuff to use a DPP Separator...hence the name..but I could be wrong as I haven't kept up with all the switches and LNB's since the SW21,SW42, and SW64 days.

No, you cannot use a separator with a DP34. ONLY with a DPP Twin or with a DPP44 and DP LNBFs

But that wouldn't solve his problem of having only 1 line to the locaition of the 622.

Wait for the DPP33.

What are you using the SuperDISH for? Are you getting an international channel(s) or something else but not the whole HD package? Is it actually a Dish 1000?

My guess is it is a Dish 1000 not a Superdish if he has a 622.

It think it's a dish 1000. I was thinking superdish at the time I posted, but the Dish 1000 is correct.

Is there anyway to use a single coax line with my current equipment? Can I replace the DP34 with a DP44 and have things work, or will the DP44 not work with my Dish 1000 equipment?

The installer is coming in two days, so I want to have a game plan together when he gets here. Some installers are pretty sharp, while others have to be led toward the right solution :)

Thanks

What LNBs are on the Dish 1000? It might already have a DPP Twin which can support both 622s making the DP34 unnecessary. If you might add a 3rd receiver, go for the DPP44.

Ok...the installers just left, and here is the result:

They replaced my DP34 with a DPP44 switch and did not have to replace any LNBs. The output from the DPP44 was run into a diplexer and the SAT line from the diplexer was fed to my TV location through a single coax run. The SAT out on the second diplexer was then fed into a DPP separator, and the two outputs from the separator were connected to turner inputs 1 and 2. The TV2 output was run back into the diplexer and then distributed from the diplexer on the other end to my second TV.

So, I was able to use a single coax line to receive both tuner input signals for my 622 and then diplex the TV2 output signal through the same single line and distribute it to another room.

However, I was not able to send my OTA digital signal through the single coax using the described configuration. The installer didn't seem to think it would work, so we didn't attempt it.

Is it possible to add splitters or additional diplexers into this configuration to add my OTA signal and send it to my TV1 location while still allowing the TV2 output signal to backfeed through the single coax line to my TV2?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts