Will a DTV SL3 SWM fit on my slim SL5?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bugman33

Original poster
May 25, 2006
People next door were doing some tree work and a tree branch pivoted on the boom and hit my dish, knocked out the alignment, don't know if any other damage was done. I checked from ground with binoculars, looks like basic alignment issue. I'm in rural area and use a local contractor to do all the tweaking as I can't get up there. Anyway, talked to him the other day and he suggested a SL3 SWM swap said that since I have three DVRs he can run a powered cable and a special splitter which will allow one cable to provide each DVR with the same signal as if I had six cables available. I'm trying to understand that and I think I get that after reading a little. Right now I only have one DVR working and it would be great to have less wires outside and all my DVRs working 100%.

One question I have is whether the SL3 will get HD locals or not? I can't get any signal on 119 where I am as I have 75' trees right behind the house. Right now I'm getting everything but occasionally I get a pixelated picture on a beautiful sunny day, and nothing at all when it rains or even threatens to rain. I don't want Spanish channels, don't use PPV either. Just want HDs and local HDs.

a SL3 will get the HD locals.....now depending on the market you are in there may be some SD locals on 119.

A SL3 and SL5 LNB are universal on the dish. They can be changed if you want

Thanks Iceberg... the SL3/SWM sounds like the K.I.S.S. approach. I'm not really concerned about SD Locals as I have a cable 3-way bundle (phone/internet/cable) with basic cable meaning I have some local SD on the cable as a backup if the weather kills the dish reception.

Just to complete the picture for others, what is your zip code?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)