Will a multiswitch work for tivo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kcy

Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I live in a condo that has one satellite dish that all the units in the building share (6 total units). I know that each condo unit has a multiswitch that allows for multiple receivers. In the room that i'm trying to connect Tivo, there is only one cable. Aside from running an additional cable to that room are there any alternatives? If i hook up a multiswitch to that cable could i get dual tuner capability (i.e. watch channel 1 and record channel 2 at the same time), and if so, which multiswitch do i need?

thanks for your help

No, hooking up a multi-switch to one line will NOT work. You need both inputs hooked up on the multi-switch to access the odd and even transponders. The multi-switch basically turns one output of the LNB into a 13v port and the other an 18v port. The only way you'll be able to hook up your DVR is by having a second line installed. Not to mention that DVRs can only "see" through one multi-switch unless they are cascadable. Adding the wrong multi-switch as a second one could render your system totally unable to get any signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)