Will a VIP 211k work?

cormjay

Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
alabama
I have two VIP211K, one with a 1TB drive, the other with a 2TB drive. The 1TB one works fine has over 150 recordings. The 2TB one cannot use the whole drive, when at an undefined limit will show recording and then show saved , but the file is nowhere in the list of recordings. If you are watching while recording over the limit, at approx every 10 sec the picture and sound go blank momentarily. If I erase files, recording works fine until I hit the limit again, I don't know if there are too many recordings or no more disk space, or a bug in the receiver software. The receiver shows many hours available for HD recording. This has been going on for years. There have been receiver updates, but the problem is still there. I formatted the drive on the VIP211K. Does the wally have the same problem with a 2TB hard drive?

I have two vague recollections which may be wrong:
  1. The 211 has a limit on numbers of recordings. So if memory serves, you could fill up the space if you get rid of those short SD recordings and just record longer HD recordings.
  2. I read somewhere that the Wally has a 3TB limit... So much for my memory. As Bobby pointed out below, the Wally upper limit is 4TB.

Last edited:
I have two vague recollections which may be wrong:
  1. The 211 has a limit on numbers of recordings. So if memory serves, you could fill up the space if you get rid of those short SD recordings and just record longer HD recordings.
  2. I read somewhere that the Wally has a 3TB limit.
Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 8.18.55 AM.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)