Will AMC come in HD on 110/119?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Sorry if this has been asked before, when the whole AMC-Dish dispute was going on, I was purchasing the shows in HD on my apple TV. I just noticed that AMC is only showing up in SD. I'm wondering if either I have a problem or if there are plans to add the HD version to 110/119 for Puerto Rico subs. The SD looks terrible but like they say, something is something!

That dispute has been over for what, something like a year? I take it you don't watch AMC much?

AMC is on spotbeam on 119 on two transponders. I do not know if one of them is meant for PR or not without checking the map.

That dispute has been over for what, something like a year? I take it you don't watch AMC much?

AMC is on spotbeam on 119 on two transponders. I do not know if one of them is meant for PR or not without checking the map.

Its not on PR spots & we in PR don't get this in HD.
I have stop watching this & almost all SD channels ( thankfully kids don't have this problem yet)

At the time it was going on, the only thing I watched was breaking bad which was over by then. Now, I will be watching it for Breaking Bad and Hell on Wheels mostly. MadMen and The walking dead just don't catch my attention for some reason.

I'm sure this channel has to be uplinked sometime in HD, I hope :(

Perhaps you could have AMC HD "Slinged" to you in PR? The sender would need a separate Slingbox, but some people have this solution to watching their favorite content overseas.

Its a good idea but with our slow internet speeds its just too much of a hassle for getting a channel in HD. I'm sure at some point Dish will have it in HD for us but for now SD will suffice.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)