Will any tripod work for mounting 75cm elliptical dish?

pappy97

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
I am very excited about getting SC and I have a question.

I live in an apt with with a patio (Top floor, will be easy to install dish), but it looks like the easiest way for me to mount the dish will be using a tripod.

Can I get any dish triopd for the 75cm elliptical dish or do I need a special one?

What else do I need for physical installation besides what I will get from KUSAT in my order of DVR530 + 75cm dish and a tripod?

Thanks!

The SC eliptical dish is a 2" mast (DIsh500 is 1 5/8") so make sure to get a 2" pole at a home depot/lowes/menards/etc

all you need that isnt listed is some cable :)

The SC eliptical dish is a 2" mast (DIsh500 is 1 5/8") so make sure to get a 2" pole at a home depot/lowes/menards/etc

all you need that isnt listed is some cable :)

You are extremely helpful, thanks!

So I assume you are saying I can get any tripod that works for dishes (I don't have a tripod yet)

but that I will need a 2" wide pole from a home depot type store that will on one end connect to the dish, on the other end connect to a tripod I get?

Is that an accurate statement?

Thanks again.

I am very excited about getting SC and I have a question.

I live in an apt with with a patio (Top floor, will be easy to install dish), but it looks like the easiest way for me to mount the dish will be using a tripod.

Can I get any dish triopd for the 75cm elliptical dish or do I need a special one?

What else do I need for physical installation besides what I will get from KUSAT in my order of DVR530 + 75cm dish and a tripod?

Thanks!

You should not need to buy a tripod if you receive all the dish mounting hardware.

Instead of screwing the mount into a roof, screw it into a 2x6 board and position the board on your balcony floor and weight or fasten it to the floor.
The tilt of the dish would have to see over the railing. Done lots of these.

my 75 cm *c dish is on a tripod on my garage-- i have a historic house and did not have another place to put it. works great.

Can I use this tripod?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...cp=&origkw=tripod&kw=tripod&parentPage=search

I could pick this up easily at Radio Shack, get a 2" OD pole from Home Depot/Lowe's, and have StarChoice up and running in no time, correct?

Or am I missing something? Thanks!!!!

Thanks for everyone's responses, they are quite helpful, but I'd still like to know if the above tripod would work.

The wifey won't go for the mount to a board and place the board on the floor thing. Ditto that for mounting in a bucket of concrete. Tripod is my best option and I'd like to know if the above tripod from Radio Shack would work. Thanks!!

This is the tripod SC sells for its dish. It looks rather identical.

SC:

Sat_Ant_Tripod_large.jpg

RS:

pRS1C-2159926w345.jpg

The following is sold at The Source by Circuit City (formerly Radio Shack) in Canada and the description states that it accepts masts only up to 1 3/4 in.

1500516l.jpg

I would assume that the tripod would need to be able to accomodate a 2 in. mast if that is the SC size.

I know a guy with SC who uses the following (see bottom) which can be found at RV dealers:

58.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)