Will ARod be traded?

Again not to take anything away from ARod he is a great player, but he cannot deliver when the game is on the line.
I second this again if you watched the playoffs last year and the close games this year he seems to disappear!!

I am a Yankee fan so I really hope he works through this, It is a fact the pitching staff is the real weak link of the team (less Mussina, Wang and Mariano), but for a team with half of the starting position players missing (Damon is day to day)
they are doing quite well!!

rcbridge said:
I second this again if you watched the playoffs last year and the close games this year he seems to disappear!!

I am a Yankee fan so I really hope he works through this, It is a fact the pitching staff is the real weak link of the team (less Mussina, Wang and Mariano), but for a team with half of the starting position players missing (Damon is day to day)
they are doing quite well!!

You guys are AMAZING! LOL ...The guy is slumping...but by normal A-Rod standards...not normal major league standards mind you...and 90% of the majors would take his stats at this point in a season in a NYC minute!!! Yeah, he has struggled this year, but BOTH Matsui AND Sheffield have been gone ALL year...He has had to carry THEIR load of the offensive production...The ONLY guy doing real well on this team this year is Jeter. Last year he was in a slump early in the season...an UGLIER slump than A-Rods...where he barely hit hit weight early in the year....where you guys calling for his head then? A-Rod is just pressing, I am willing to bet one years pay that if Matsui or Sheffield were in the line-up, things would be different. A-Rod is just getting heat because of his salary, period. Hell, the Yankees are not even paying all of it. So stop complaining....if the Yankees trade him for ANYTHING LESS than a Tejada WITH Melvin Mora...just as an example, they will be making THE BIGGEST mistake they will ever make....period.

The Tate said:
The reason why Yankee fans don't like him is he never comes through on big plays. He hits homeruns when the Yankee's are already winning a game. He drives in runs when the Yankee's are up by 3 or 4 points. The Yankee's have lost their star playmaker for this year.

He never should have got MVP last year. Sure his numbers were great but what did he really contribute to the team when it counted. On the other hand look at Big Papi, how many games has he won for the Redsox?
71 times he's driven people in when it didn't matter ?

71 RBI's is an excellent total. I think the thought of the previous posts is how many of those RBI's were other than A Rod crossing the plate?

I don't have time to look up the stat right now maybe someone else can.

What's his BA with runners in scoring position?

ok I couldn't resist looking work can wait a couple mins more...

with runners in scoring position he has 54 RBI's decent by any measure.

RISP with 2 outs 20 RBI's. I think that's where the clutch hitting means the most.

He's driving in runs, but not clutch 2 out hitting.

To me his numbers don't look to be worthy of the crap he's being put through in NY.

Big plays? Maybe not but it looks consistent from the box score.

He's hitting .296 with RISP and .300 with RISP 2 Outs.

Here's the information link http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5275/situational

GOD, do I hate defending a guy and I team I don't like...but I give him his props. He is THE DEFENDING AMERICAN LEAGUE MVP. And 71 RBIs is projected to be around 120 RBIs and around mid 40s in home runs....GEEEZZZ what ELSE do you want? A cure for HIV too? Again, he would have better numbers with Sheffield and Matsui in the lineup.

The Tate said:
Name one big play?
Walk off home run last week !!!
You asked for 1, I am not a yankee fan so I really can't give you any others, but I can't give you any one elses either.

Yankees season started to go downward when Matsui went down...

Jimbo

pdxsam said:
ok I couldn't resist looking work can wait a couple mins more...

with runners in scoring position he has 54 RBI's decent by any measure.

RISP with 2 outs 20 RBI's. I think that's where the clutch hitting means the most.

He's driving in runs, but not clutch 2 out hitting.

To me his numbers don't look to be worthy of the crap he's being put through in NY.

Big plays? Maybe not but it looks consistent from the box score.

He's hitting .296 with RISP and .300 with RISP 2 Outs.

Here's the information link http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5275/situational

Batting .300 with risp and w/ 2 outs, how bad is that ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)