Will Blockbuster run out of BD titles after Christmas?

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I have a movie pass at my local Blockbuter. I usually rent new movies on Blu-ray, and try to rent any old movies I can on BD when available. They usually have 5-10 BDs available for new movies vs. hundreds of DVDs. They usually only have 1 BD available for older movies, only one aisle total in the store. All of the major retailers had sales on Black Friday of BD players for a little over $100. I think that on the day after Christmas, the rental places are going to be all out of BD titles in store. What do y'all think?

I have a movie pass at my local Blockbuter. I usually rent new movies on Blu-ray, and try to rent any old movies I can on BD when available. They usually have 5-10 BDs available for new movies vs. hundreds of DVDs. They usually only have 1 BD available for older movies, only one aisle total in the store. All of the major retailers had sales on Black Friday of BD players for a little over $100. I think that on the day after Christmas, the rental places are going to be all out of BD titles in store. What do y'all think?

I'd say it probably depends on your Blockbuster. I live in an older, conservative neighborhood. I have never had a problem renting a newer title ob BR, even when the normal DVDs are out of stock. I don't expect that many of these older folks put a BR player at the top of their list, so I don't see a problem.

Look around your town for that same BB.

I think they will adjust they #'s on the shelves rather quickly based on demand. THe inventory can be brouight in, in a day or two. They will meet the demand, that will be up but I agree it will be somwhat area dependant.

My guess is that another outcome of the # of players being sold is the posibility that we will see good sales on Blu Ray disks in the stores after Christmas and into the firt of the year. All these new players and the stores will want to fill that need / want too.

Depends on the store.

Hypothetically speaking if your theory comes true and the store is wise, they should increase their supply to equal the demand.

Part of what I based my original response on is the fact the the Blcokbuster that I rent at has at least 2X the Blu Ray's on the shelf vs. Oct 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts