BD30 Panasonic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ken11861

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Littleton, MA
I just got the BD-30 Blu-ray from Crutchfield last week, it's hooked to my L46A540 Samsung (with DirecTV HD & H23-600 receiver)
Can anyone straighten me out on the Blu-ray playback. My wife and I were disappointed the other night with our 1st Bluray disc "Indianna Jones-Crystal Skull".
The lead in & prom's looked great in full screen BUT the movie played in like "letterbox"
I hate to waste part of my new 46" screen.
When I increased the TV to 16:9 "Full" it got bigger but made the people short and dumpy, car tires became oval shape.

Sheese !!! Help !!!

Sorry. 2.40 is the OAR (original Aspect Ratio) of the film. That is the way it was made. There will be black bars at the top and bottom no matter which player you have. SOme films are filmed at 1.85:1 which will do a better job of filling your screen depending on how much overscan your TV is set at. 1.85:1 is still not quite 16:9 but close.

S~

Yep - I'm surprised you haven't already had the same issue with DVD's, unless you're buying them all in "full screen."

Just because a TV is widescreen and a movie is widescreen doesn't mean they match up - I remember having the same frustration when I bought my first widescreen TV, lo these many eons ago.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts