Will Cablevision buy out a contract?

jaelae

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
New Jersey
I had DirecTV installed back in December 2010 and I am currently in a contract with them. I have Cablevision (Ultra Package) for my internet and voice. I am moving to a house and I am just not sure if I want to have a satellite dish installed. I know I cannot cancel and get out of my contract without a fee because I am moving, but do you think Cablevision would be willing to buy out part of the contract to gain me as a customer?

I have read about this happening in the past, but in most instances, they were approached by a Cablevision Sales rep to switch.

Jaelae,

I am interested how your experiance with Direct TV has been? I am leaving cablevision for Direct TV and I am very apprehensive about the move only because of the contract and things i heard about service being interrupted when the weather is bad. Did you have any of these experiances?

Jaelae,

I am interested how your experiance with Direct TV has been? I am leaving cablevision for Direct TV and I am very apprehensive about the move only because of the contract and things i heard about service being interrupted when the weather is bad. Did you have any of these experiances?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

I have never had Cablevision so I can't speak to their service, but as a long time Directv customer, I think you will be happy with it. Service outages are rare. Heavy rain will knock out the signals for short periods of time, usually less than 10 minutes. It happens maybe 6 times a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)