Will COX add ESPNHD2 in Oklahoma?

B

briani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Any News On New HD channels in the Oklahoma Market(OKC and Tulsa) being added.......would love to see espn2 in HD!

Zookster

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
Cox just announced that it is adding a new HD channel in San Diego early next month after shifting four analog channels to digital to free up bandwidth. And wouldn't you know, of all the possibilities available, they are adding A&E HD. I would've prefered ESPN2, National Geographic, of even Starz. Gimme a break. :p

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
In CT they are adding MHD instead of the Duece! What are they smoking? :D

W

wtkflhn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 10, 2006
Metairie, La
I live in New Orleans. We havn't heard anything about them adding anything. They did move 3 Premium channels to digital only to "free up spectrum". We have heard that Cox is dragging it's feet about ESPN2. ESPN wants too much moola for it.

Don H

G

godzilla1964

May 27, 2006
Unless Cox gets it for free and can then turn around and charge the customer for it, it's too much money. That's why they're losing the local ABC HD channel in OKC.

W

wtkflhn

Jul 10, 2006
Metairie, La
They also lost the Hearst Aygyle NBC affiliate in N.O. But cheer up, we got A&E hd to take its' place.

Don H

H

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2005
Well, since the FCC requires the OTA HD signals rebroadcast on a Cable QAM to be in the clear, its sort of hard to charge you for that as any QAM tuner should be able to get it.

Stations are trying to make Cox (and other MSOs) to PAY the station to carry them though - which is probably why Cox was forced to drop them.

digiblur

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Yep.... all the sports buffs I know in the BR, LA area have quit waiting for Cox and their HD "train", they jumped off and got on the DishNet one.

W

wtkflhn

Jul 10, 2006
Metairie, La
I understand they added ESPN2HD in Baton Rouge this week. But no word from them in the New Orleans area on it

Don H.