Will COX add ESPNHD2 in Oklahoma?

Cox just announced that it is adding a new HD channel in San Diego early next month after shifting four analog channels to digital to free up bandwidth. And wouldn't you know, of all the possibilities available, they are adding A&E HD. I would've prefered ESPN2, National Geographic, of even Starz. Gimme a break. :p

In CT they are adding MHD instead of the Duece! What are they smoking? :D

I live in New Orleans. We havn't heard anything about them adding anything. They did move 3 Premium channels to digital only to "free up spectrum". We have heard that Cox is dragging it's feet about ESPN2. ESPN wants too much moola for it.

Don H

Unless Cox gets it for free and can then turn around and charge the customer for it, it's too much money. That's why they're losing the local ABC HD channel in OKC.

Well, since the FCC requires the OTA HD signals rebroadcast on a Cable QAM to be in the clear, its sort of hard to charge you for that as any QAM tuner should be able to get it.

Stations are trying to make Cox (and other MSOs) to PAY the station to carry them though - which is probably why Cox was forced to drop them.

Yep.... all the sports buffs I know in the BR, LA area have quit waiting for Cox and their HD "train", they jumped off and got on the DishNet one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts