Will D* pay to get me out of my committment with E*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlyles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
SC
I switched from D* to E* a little over 6 months ago. But the MLB EI deal has me thinking about switching back. I know I would have to pay to get out of the 18 month committment, but I was wondering if D* has ever agreed to pay this for anyone? They are constantly calling me trying to get me to switch back. So next time they call, I'm thinking about asking if they will do this. Think I'll have any luck?

Hi to everyone in the DirecTV forum. I new here from the Dish Network forum.

I am in the process (waiting for install) of switching from Dish Network to DirecTV because I want to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings.

I called and asked them to help me pay for the 8 months I have remaining on my Dish Network committment. What they gave me is an additional $ 10 off my bill for 10 months to help me pay off Dish Network. Currently they are giving $ 10 off per month for all new customers. I am getting that, too, and getting $ 20 off per month for the first 10 months, and $ 10 off for 12 months, and free HBO and Cinemax for 3 months.

They also gave me three H20 (HD) receivers. I think normally they have a limit of two leased HD receivers, but they gave me three.

I think it was a good deal, and I just hope my install goes well.

I switched from D* to E* a little over 6 months ago. But the MLB EI deal has me thinking about switching back. I know I would have to pay to get out of the 18 month committment, but I was wondering if D* has ever agreed to pay this for anyone? They are constantly calling me trying to get me to switch back. So next time they call, I'm thinking about asking if they will do this. Think I'll have any luck?
Good luck You must really be a fantastic customer that you think they should pay to get you back!!!!!!:) :) :)

I'd be surprised if they'd do it. Customers who bounce back and forth are not profitable. If I was a retailer, I wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole. You signed a contract. I think you should live up to it.

Like I said, they're always calling...
Take a look at yourself you left D* 6 mo ago looking for greener pastures, now you are saying I want to break the 18 month contract I signed with E* and I want you to pay for me to leave E*. Would you want yourself as a customer that has to be a long term subscriber to become profitable?:)

Take a look at yourself you left D* 6 mo ago looking for greener pastures, now you are saying I want to break the 18 month contract I signed with E* and I want you to pay for me to leave E*. Would you want yourself as a customer that has to be a long term subscriber to become profitable?:)

When I switched to E* I thought they would have EI like they have the last 3 years or I wouldn't have switched. They are not blameless.

Hi to everyone in the DirecTV forum. I new here from the Dish Network forum.

I am in the process (waiting for install) of switching from Dish Network to DirecTV because I want to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings.

I called and asked them to help me pay for the 8 months I have remaining on my Dish Network committment. What they gave me is an additional $ 10 off my bill for 10 months to help me pay off Dish Network. Currently they are giving $ 10 off per month for all new customers. I am getting that, too, and getting $ 20 off per month for the first 10 months, and $ 10 off for 12 months, and free HBO and Cinemax for 3 months.

They also gave me three H20 (HD) receivers. I think normally they have a limit of two leased HD receivers, but they gave me three.

I think it was a good deal, and I just hope my install goes well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of D*.Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:) :welcome

Companies just don't pay other companies cancellation fees.

The only time this might ever happen is if the customer is in the last month of a committiment with another company, and the company they want to switch to offers to a $20 credit to pay for the remaining month of a pro-rated cancellation fee.

Its bad enough customers switch at the drop of a hat, the last thing the providers want to do is encourage this even more.

I get calls to switch my phone service all the time, the minute I lie to them and say I signed a 3 year contract they hang up!

I made the same mistake. I also have a 18 months commitment with E* which I would gladly get out of it if given the opportunity. Thank god I only have 8 months left on it. I jumped from D* to E* mostly because the HD DVR. At the time D* didn't have one. Needless to say that was a big mistake on my part. I would hate to break my contract just to get out of a bad situation but you never know.

I would lose absolutely zero sleep about breaking a contract if I was willing to pay the penalty fee. Why do these companies have contracts in the first place? To try to keep you tied down in spite of feeling that the product/service is unsatisfactory. If I like the product, I will stay with it. Folks have every reason to be jumping ship on E*, especially right now. If D* actually gets D10 in space, I may be joining the jumpers.

It doesn't hurt to ask D* to help pay for breaking a contract, it depends on how much they are willing pay to have you come on as a customer. I, myself, would not expect them to do that for me, but I'll go after every incentive I can get.

Yes Contracts do help even out the companies costs for hardware and installations, but it also stiffles being competitive. The contracts sucks out of the equations the motivation to stay a step ahead of the competition in terms of quality, service and pricing. Sure there's some long-term motivation, but they're basically insulated from having to be quick about it because of these contracts,... they're able to sit on their hands a bit and wait to see what the courts do, or play waiting games with the program providers while me miss stuff we wanna see. But without the contracts, getting set up would be a lot more expensive.

*E let me go because of 129 not working out after 7 time having service call *d is working great. after 9month of service. So yes they will let you of free if you are not getting a good signal.

Companies just don't pay other companies cancellation fees.

Well, they do it, not that E* would, but it doesn't come without an obligation on your end.

I had a Time-Warner Cable rep stop by my house a year ago and he floated a deal where T-W would buy me out of my commitment with D* and Verizon DSL, even offered to waive the DVR fee when I told him I had Lifetime DVR service through D*, but it came with a 3 year commitment.

The monthly price for triply pay and all channels available was attractive, but the only networks they had in HD are NBC, PBS, and on occasion ABC, while I have waivers for CBS and FOX. If I were going to give up NFL Sunday Ticket, I'd need at least those two nets in HD.

But, I think the main reason they came calling was that while I was with them, around nine years, I paid in time and in full. I've never felt the need to flit from one provider to another once I found one that offered most of the things I wanted.

I would lose absolutely zero sleep about breaking a contract if I was willing to pay the penalty fee. Why do these companies have contracts in the first place? To try to keep you tied down in spite of feeling that the product/service is unsatisfactory. If I like the product, I will stay with it. Folks have every reason to be jumping ship on E*, especially right now. If D* actually gets D10 in space, I may be joining the jumpers.

It doesn't hurt to ask D* to help pay for breaking a contract, it depends on how much they are willing pay to have you come on as a customer. I, myself, would not expect them to do that for me, but I'll go after every incentive I can get.

I agree completely. This goes for cell use also. If I feel Im not getting the service I am paying for, a cancellation fee does not worry me. At the end of the day I want good reliable service and will pay what I have to so that I get it.

I'm not very happy with D*'s service right now because I am having dvr issues and it's at day 7. They are coming out tomorrow and if it does not go well, Ill pay em whatever I owe em and call E*. Sports(other than Coll Football) do no matter to me, all I want is HD.

Hearing people say that they have so many month's left on their contract before they can switch pains me. Whats more important, being happy or paying $200. For me it's being happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.