Will Dish Air Mets Preseason in HD?

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Mets spring training games start next thursday 2/26 but my guide doesn't show the games on SNY HD just SD. Any idea if DISH will be airing spring training games in HD?

Mets spring training games start next thursday 2/26 but my guide doesn't show the games on SNY HD just SD. Any idea if DISH will be airing spring training games in HD?

I'd imagine the Dish Network forum would be suited better to answer this question. Most of us that hang in the Sports Forums have DirecTV.

I have Dish and I wouldn't count on it - - - - the guide is usually very accurate when it comes to what games they'll be showing in HD on their part time HD RSNs.

Is SNY even broadcasting the preseason games in HD?? I know the Red Sox games on NESN aren't, and they show all home & away regular season games in HD.

I'd imagine the Dish Network forum would be suited better to answer this question. Most of us that hang in the Sports Forums have DirecTV.

Not so fast, there, pepe....I have had DISH for over 10 years!!!...:rolleyes:

Anywho, I don't know about SNY but DISH does not carry all of the HD feeds of every team. In the case of FSN Indiana and Ohio, I would say about only half of the games that are available in HD are available in HD on DISH!!!...:(

Not so fast, there, pepe....I have had DISH for over 10 years!!!...:rolleyes:

Anywho, I don't know about SNY but DISH does not carry all of the HD feeds of every team. In the case of FSN Indiana and Ohio, I would say about only half of the games that are available in HD are available in HD on DISH!!!...:(
He said "most", not all. So his point still stands, IMO. I would be wiling to bet that most here on the sports forum are Diect subs.

Hi guys, I have a question please... I live in South Florida and I want to install the 61.5 bird so I can get SNY in DH for this season.. My question is can I get it down here in South Florida???? Any infor would really help... Thank you. Jim

He said "most", not all. So his point still stands, IMO. I would be wiling to bet that most here on the sports forum are Diect subs.
-1 :down Dish sub here. :)

I'll try to remember to check tonight to see if any upcoming Mets games are in HD - but if I remember there have been few or no Spring Training games in HD this year on any Dish channel except perhaps ESPN.

Please help with my SNY in HD question!!!

Please does any know this?????Hi guys, I have a question please... I live in South Florida and I want to install the 61.5 bird so I can get SNY in DH for this season.. My question is can I get it down here in South Florida???? Any infor would really help... Thank you. Jim..

I really dont want to put up the 61.5 dish if i can't get SNY in HD...Please help!!!!

Please does any know this?????Hi guys, I have a question please... I live in South Florida and I want to install the 61.5 bird so I can get SNY in DH for this season.. My question is can I get it down here in South Florida???? Any infor would really help... Thank you. Jim..

I really dont want to put up the 61.5 dish if i can't get SNY in HD...Please help!!!!

I'm not sure....Ask this question in the Dish Network forum and I'm sure someone will know.

Yes you would be able to get it but even if you subscribe to the multi sports pack some programs will still be blacked out.

If and when you subscribe to a DISH HD package, they will install the necessary dish for free.

The product in question is the Multi-Sports Package and it may offer game-only coverage in HD.

If you live in South Florida, you won't be getting any regular season games, (and probably not even the spring training games), on SNY even if you have the right dish pointed at the right satellite because they will be blacked out because you are not in the home territory of the Mets. You will have to get DirecTV and get MLBEI to see any Mets games coming from SNY, most of which are probably in HD!!!...

If you live in South Florida, you won't be getting any regular season games, (and probably not even the spring training games), on SNY even if you have the right dish pointed at the right satellite because they will be blacked out because you are not in the home territory of the Mets. You will have to get DirecTV and get MLBEI to see any Mets games coming from SNY, most of which are probably in HD!!!...

correct...

Thanks for the infor.. I just want to bring something up.. I have been getting SNY Reg. not in HD with my sonicview 8000hd Rec. I been getting SNY here in South florida since the station been running... Just to let you know... Thanks again!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)