will dish carry espn 2 hd in jan. 2005

They said in the financial call that they were out of room, but we don't know if that means for what was already slated or are they REALLY full?

when dish says they are out of space... is that counting the HDpreview loop they have running constantly? seems they could ditch that and add an actual channel. but i really dunno what i'm talking about...

9443, need a dish pointed at 61.5

It's actually a Demo loop created almost a year ago. If you've walked into a Sears, Costco, Walmart, or Sams you've probably already seen it.

Perhaps part of the space limitation comes from Dish trying to only use one dish for most homes. Right now, a new HD install only gets one dish whether it's a 500 or super dish, you don't automatically point a second one at 61.5. Not only that, the west coast would get shorted if extra stuff went to 61.5 since elevation is around 10 degrees. It would have to be mirrored on 148, something which doesn't completely happen now. I see more HD coming on either 105 or 121.

BFG said:
It's actually a Demo loop created almost a year ago.
I would estatic if it were "almost a year". The Dish HD loop hasn't changed one iota in over two years. No mention of HDNet, HDNet Movies, ESPN-HD, or TNT-HD. Laurie is still pushing the "State of the Art" Dish 6000 and the "newly announced" 8PSK module, no mention that it's been replaced by the 811 and the DVR 921 for recording HD, not even a crawl.

Well, to be fair, it does say "Copyright 2002", but still! :mad:

Holy smokes, I didn't think it was that old. I only joined the HD Party in January :)

But I don't think any showrooms use it anymore, hopefully...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)