Will dish eventually replicate Internationals from 118.5 to 77

navigates

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Los Angeles
Since 77 has programming space, can we request dish to replicate internationals on 77. This will have benefits to dish for multiple directions and a Single dish usage specially on the Eastern Arc.

Now having said that, I understand dish moved all internationals of 61.5. I believe that was primarily done to replace 61.5 with the new sat.

If they have all channels replicated on both arc's, why treat Internationals separate? Is it because the International volume is small.

Dish really needs to work on the international market in the advent of HD's. Most of the South Asian channels transmit on HD for a while now and dish has no mention of any upcoming upgrades. Is there someone I can write to instead of the generic email 'ceo.....'?

Good question. There has been and still is some international programming on 77 and there is space there. But with Dish providing international programming on ROKU now, who knows.

Roku is IPTV. The coverage on IPTV usage is limited since it lacks DVR functionality. Not all of us have ROKU. Dish is pushing internationals on IPTV for a while.

Current Dish policy seems to be to put all internationals on 118.

What it will be in the future requires a larger crystal ball than I have.

77 only use will be for locals.

118.7 and DISHworld IPTV are the only way to get the Internationals now (besides what if anything is left on 61.5 and 77 in the way of Internationals)

77 only use will be for locals.

118.7 and DISHworld IPTV are the only way to get the Internationals now (besides what if anything is left on 61.5 and 77 in the way of Internationals)

We all understand the current scenario. I wrote to dish and got a call from the executive office and they mentioned that they have received multiple requests around the single dish installation for Internationals for the Eastern Arc. Programming department is currently reviewing the options.

Now this may be a canned response but its still good to hear that they have had similar requests.

To beat this dead horse, there is no point in duplicating transmissions onto 77. If you want them, get the second dish. You might even get it for free, if you are subscribing to anything on 118.

To beat this dead horse, there is no point in duplicating transmissions onto 77. If you want them, get the second dish. You might even get it for free, if you are subscribing to anything on 118.

The purpose of this discussion is not what you can get today but to get a sense of what is possible. In that context there is really no point on duplicating the Eastern Arc. it was done to reach a further audience and to cover for LOS issues. In that case if it is done for the majority of channels, then why not use the missing bandwidth available on 77.

Lots of apartment's do not like dishes. Let alone the fact that you might have to have two installed to get the programming required.

Now having said that, neither you or me are in the position to make this change happen but its a discussion that makes sense which is probably why dishnetwork's executive office called and wanted a writeup on this.