Will Dish EVER Fix Ch 100 on 721's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Will Dish EVER Fix Ch 100 on 721's

It says New software coming, but it has been at least 6 months.

I have been waiting on it for months now. Seems like a year or two.

Dont hold your breathe, with all the NEW boxes cominng out, no doubt they are more important than a low volume older model.... sorry

Personally, I couldn't care less about the features touted for channel 100- and can't understand why anyone else cares, either.

The only thng I'm interested in is the Mosaic feature - I thought it would have been fun to watch the TBS college football games with six angles. Having the option to check out multiple news channels during an important news event would also be nice.

And Bob, though it appears you're right that the 721, 921, and now the 942 are considered "old, low volume" DVRs unworthy of much attention, I hope Dish realizes that the customers who bought these are going to be the ones who buy the new high-end boxes in the future.

Last edited:
Maybe this will be a feature I don't see the need for, but will come to appreciate.

How low volume could the 721 have been? I know it was hot, at least for a while. Surely they sold more 721s than 921s or 942s! But jrbdmb, you're right- DISH should see that we're the ones most likely to buy up to the VIP622 & similar future boxes. That may not be a good thing- they'll realize they can get the big bucks from us and low ball any trade up deal.

I might trade up my 508 for a VIP622, if offered. But I think I'll keep the 721 to the bitter end.

One thing Charlie has learned, however, is that some subs (the HD fanatics) will gladly fork over $1000+ for a 921, then fork over big $600+ for the 942, and are still ready for buy the new 622. I'm glad I'm not one of the "early adopter" types.

jrbdmb said:
One thing Charlie has learned, however, is that some subs (the HD fanatics) will gladly fork over $1000+ for a 921, then fork over big $600+ for the 942, and are still ready for buy the new 622. I'm glad I'm not one of the "early adopter" types.

reportedly new high def DVRs are lease only.............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts