Will Dish ever say YES network?

cmags

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2005
being new to dish for last few months and new to the forums i would assume there will be no contract with yes for this season. from reading past post will dish ever get yes?? what do you gys think?? with the mets going to there own network next year charlie will hopefully have to contract with both teams and networks. i know there are yankee haters out there but would you stay with a service that didnt provide your hometown/regional team, probably not for long no matter how much HD there is.

i dumped cable because they where expensive.(although now they have HD-dvr ,hd locals and RSN in HD as well.i like how i bundled with sbc to get discounts but without the yanks i wont stay around for long.

cmags said:
i dumped cable because they where expensive.(although now they have HD-dvr ,hd locals and RSN in HD as well.i like how i bundled with sbc to get discounts but without the yanks i wont stay around for long.

The way the Yankees are playing this year, I'm guessing they won't stick around for long either!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

cmags said:

Keep in mind, that bundeling with sbc/disnetwork - which I used to do too,- will only make you to look at the 61.5 (former voom HD) sat - but you won't be able to look at any of the HD channels.
Been there, done it - now I have to wait 7 more days, until I am a new customer, with dish - without sbc.
Matt :)

cmags said:
being new to dish for last few months and new to the forums i would assume there will be no contract with yes for this season. from reading past post will dish ever get yes?? what do you gys think?? with the mets going to there own network next year charlie will hopefully have to contract with both teams and networks. i know there are yankee haters out there but would you stay with a service that didnt provide your hometown/regional team, probably not for long no matter how much HD there is.

Actually Dish has offered to carry YES a number of times as an ala carte service, but YES wants to be in a core package, which is not fair to any markets out of NYC as all Games would have to be blacked out, and the channel would NOT be worth anything to out of market DMAs and an extra $2.00 per subscriber is a giant ripoff.

Being in a Core Cable package makes sense for Cable systems as all subscribers in a Cable DMA are in market for the Yankees so being in a basic package makes sense, but being in a core satellite package when 90 percent of those subscribers are out of market makes no sense. Just Steinbrenners arrogance, that thinks everybody wants the Yankees even if having YES means the only thing out of Market Subs can see is Yankees Fluff, statistic, and Highlight material.

The title of the post should be when will YES allow Dish to carry IT at any where close to a fair deal. Knowing Steinbrenner, "NEVER".

BTW, Nice to see Yankees are tanking with a Ridiculous, bloated pay role of aging talent fading big names. I don't feel bad for Steinbrenner's Yankees', he really has no talent for baseball except for throwing huge sums of money out the window. Hell, I could, as almost anybody else, could write checks for huge sums of money to field a team, although my checks would bounce ;>).

John

correct me if iam wrong, but i thought the deal that dish should get is the one like direct. where yes is included as part of DMA/RSN for that market area, at no extra cost included in basic package for that area. if you want yes out of market you pay extra for sports pack and thats where you get yankees fluff. for example direct total choice in ny/ct includes msg,yes,foxny. you can pay extra for sports pack and get yes,espnu,cstv,etc. so i was looking for dish to do the same thing.

I wish we could choose either FSNNY & MSG or YES. I would take YES any day over those two worthless channels any day.

Consumer choice? Heaven forbid.

It'll never happen.

There may be another problem next year as well as the Mets move to their own channel. At that point FSN and MSG are worthless to me as I could care less about basketball or hockey.

I currently have a $5 bet that I made with my uncle the Yankee fan that the Mets would have a better win-loss record than the Yankees at the end of the season. I haven't had a chance of winning this bet since the 80's. (of course gauging by how bad the Mets have been as well the last week, I may still be in trouble).

The other fun part of the bet is that the loser has to wear the other team's hat for a day at work and have a picture taken for posterity (I work in a family business).

Sure do miss the Yes network. Had DircTv for years before swapping over to Dish last November. Yes is the one channel that I really miss. Big MLB fan here that has the MLB package. Folks, don't count the YANKS out just yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts