Will dish ever speed up the channel changing and get list view?

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
Back when I got my hopper in march of last year the hopper was really fast. When I would change a channel in the guide it instantly almost displayed the picture. Through each update it either improves it or it'll slow the speed of it down. I'm wondering will they ever speed that part back up? It's not as slow as previous receivers but it could be better. Will dish ever add a list view on the guide?

Back when I got my hopper in march of last year the hopper was really fast. When I would change a channel in the guide it instantly almost displayed the picture. Through each update it either improves it or it'll slow the speed of it down. I'm wondering will they ever speed that part back up? It's not as slow as previous receivers but it could be better. Will dish ever add a list view on the guide?

I know a list view as been asked about but I'm not sure if that will change or not.

I just switched over from DirecTV and think the Hopper is lightening fast compared to the DVR I had. It took 4 seconds to change a channel and 5 seconds to pull up menus. That don't sound like much, but it was painful.

Somewhat OT but my brother switched over to Direct yesterday PM and the Genie was pretty darn snappy. Still some delay in displaying the channel but nothing like the older HR receivers. The guide displayed as quick as Dish's and scrolling through it was fast.

I had direct before up until a little bit after they refreshed their interface. When they showed it at ces it was super quick and even when it launched. Through the updates they should find a way to speed it back up.

Hopefully there's a new update coming soon, really looking forward to seeing if it fixes things that S234 broke.

My eyes/brain are just fine at the current speed. Faster does not mean better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)