Will Dish price match DirecTV?

blackcat1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Springfield Missouri
After being a DirecTV customer for a little over two years, I am thinking about switching back to Dish so I can lower my monthly costs and get a hopper and joey for my two TV’s. According to the Dish webpage my monthly costs for America’s Top 250 with a Hopper and a Joey would be $56.99 per month for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] year ($39.99 for AT250 and $17 for DVR service fee and additional receiver) and $86.99 per month for the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year ($69.99 for AT250 and $17 for DVR service fee and additional receiver). I called Dish today to see if they would match the prices that DirecTV is offering new customers, but they said the only thing they could do is offer a $25 Gift Card. Is this the best offer I can expect from Dish? The DirecTV package that I am interested in is the Ultimate Choice package. It would be $55.99 per month for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] year ($39.99 for Ultimate Choice and $16 for Advanced receiver service fee and additional receiver) and $80.99 per month for the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year ($64.99 for Ultimate Choice and $16 for advanced receiver service fee and additional receiver fee). I would have thought Dish would price match DirecTV.

Thanks for any comments anyone has.

I wish but I doubt it.

Our current DISH bill is $84-86 for a 722k and 222k and the AT 200. We are in month 13 now. The only reason we have the AT 200 is because of Nick Jr.

We are switching to Directv next month due to the cost. The channels we watch Directv has them in their lowest package much cheaper. Waiting for the 3rd for our install.

I wish but I doubt it.

Our current DISH bill is $84-86 for a 722k and 222k and the AT 200. We are in month 13 now. The only reason we have the AT 200 is because of Nick Jr.

We are switching to Directv next month due to the cost. The channels we watch Directv has them in their lowest package much cheaper. Waiting for the 3rd for our install.

Congrats and you will enjoy Directv :)

It sounds like the OP got fees for the ViP series and not the lower fee Hopper system. Further, it sounds like Nutron can save quite a bit of money switching to the Hopper with its lower per box fees. I think the all the Hopper fees actually are less than the Genie full fees. Anyway, crunch the numbers Nutron and let us know. I saved money switching to the Hopper and Joeys as the $17 per ViP DVR fee was KILLING me. Now, I have a better system with lower monthly cost. The Hopper has several features that have been a very positive experience. A lot of the half-baked features, especially internet content, has really been addressed very well in the Hopper.

It sounds like the OP got fees for the ViP series and not the lower fee Hopper system. Further, it sounds like Nutron can save quite a bit of money switching to the Hopper with its lower per box fees. I think the all the Hopper fees actually are less than the Genie full fees. Anyway, crunch the numbers Nutron and let us know. I saved money switching to the Hopper and Joeys as the $17 per ViP DVR fee was KILLING me. Now, I have a better system with lower monthly cost. The Hopper has several features that have been a very positive experience. A lot of the half-baked features, especially internet content, has really been addressed very well in the Hopper.

No the fees are correct, $17=$10 whole home DVR fee + $7 additional Joey/hopper.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

The best thing is to call Directv and is a whole home dvr system and ask them and Directv in my case was cheaper than Dish as it may be with you but try calling :)

If you get Dtv's whole home system you would end up paying more.

hmmm lets do the math shall we?
Both providers are $10 for the DVR fee and whole home setup
Dish extra receivers are $7...Directv's are $6

Also if you want with Directv you could (if you wanted to pay) HD DVR's for the "remote rooms" and it would still be $6 per receiver

As many have said, really won't be any any price matching, Review the content of both providers to see what is a good fit for you. I really enjoy the Dish Hopper set up. I never got the chance to mess around with the HR 34 or the Aladdin :) (Gennie)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts