Will Dish receiver work with DirecTV dish & LNBs?

ilaudio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I am trying get to someone set up with Dish. They are going to activate an old receiver that was given to them. They are currently using directv with 1 lnb.

I have a spare dish pro dual lnb...but not sure if it will work with directv dish and/or legacy 4900 receiver.

Will directv dish work?

Will 4900 and dish pro work?

If no to dish pro--then can he get an extra lnb and run through his current switch (channel master I think)?

Thanks for any advice.

ilaudio said:
I am trying get to someone set up with Dish. They are going to activate an old receiver that was given to them. They are currently using directv with 1 lnb.

I have a spare dish pro dual lnb...but not sure if it will work with directv dish and/or legacy 4900 receiver.

Will directv dish work?

Will 4900 and dish pro work?

If no to dish pro--then can he get an extra lnb and run through his current switch (channel master I think)?

Thanks for any advice.
As long as it is an 18"dish the DTV dish will work fine with the 4900.Just remember you will only get 119 bird only.DP DLNB wont fit on standard 18"dish.

Set your friend up with DISH as a new customer and let them get new equipment with free installation. The 4900 won't work with a Dish Pro LNB unless you buy a $70 adapter. How long has the 4900 been disconnected it may need a software upgrade to even function.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)