Will DP34 work w. only a legacy rcvr (+ DP adptr) connected?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BarryO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Well, the title says it: If you put in DishPro LNBF's and DP switches, will it work if you don't have any DP receivers connected, but you do have a legacy receiver with a DP adapter?

The DP literature is a little unclear in this regard, saying "a DishPro receiver must always be connected to the DP34 at all times", I guess to power the switch and LNBFs. Does a legacy receiver plus the DishPro adapter qualify?

I'm thinking of switching to DishPro LNBF's and switches in order to support >2 tuners (when I add the 921), and longer cable runs. 'doesn't seem to make much sense to invest in an obsolete SW64. But will this work with a 6000 + DP adapter by itself, before the 921 arrives?

If you notice, the DP adapter has its own power supply, so, ya, it does qualify.

The retailer who put in my superdish today said that so far he had not had any luck yet using the dishpro adapter on legacy recievers. Dish Network is aware of the problem and are working on a solution. How soon they will have fix is anyones guess.

VonL said:
The retailer who put in my superdish today said that so far he had not had any luck yet using the dishpro adapter on legacy recievers. Dish Network is aware of the problem and are working on a solution. How soon they will have fix is anyones guess.

Hmm. According to this post: http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2979 Scott has it working with a 6000 with a DishPro adapter. But he also has a 721 installed as well.

I realize the Adapter has a power supply; it would need one anyway for the 2-destacking circuitry and the DiSEqC 2.0 circuitry. But I'd like to hear from someone who has this working without a DishPro receiver. The Adapter DiSEqC interface is "one way" only and I wonder if that would cause a problem if it were in only receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts