Will even E* not supply SuperDish for 105 + 110/119 ?

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
I know what went out to the retailers, but I'm getting HD package with HBO, and I *should* be able to get WCBS-DT. The 2 dishes might throw off the Mrs, so would actually like the SuperDish as a 1 dish solution.

Anyone have any thoughts?

At this time NO HD will be on 105.
NO superdish needed for HD.
HBO HD & Showtime HD & PPV HD & PPV Events "MAY" move to 110.
CBS HD most likely will NOT move.
Any new HD is planned to go on 110.

yeah, read that, but is the 2 dish solution viable for 1 HD channel? If WCBS-DT doesn't move, and HBO and everything else does, whom does E* think they're kidding for people whom get everything else on 110/119? If they want the SuperDish for locals only, then get the locals to the wings AND ALL HD on 110. If there are straglers, it's going to get ugly...

hancox said:
yeah, read that, but is the 2 dish solution viable for 1 HD channel? If WCBS-DT doesn't move, and HBO and everything else does, whom does E* think they're kidding for people whom get everything else on 110/119? If they want the SuperDish for locals only, then get the locals to the wings AND ALL HD on 110. If there are straglers, it's going to get ugly...

Most current HD subs already have 2 dishes and many most carry locals already require a 2nd dish, most of the locals on 110 are on a spotbeam satellite which allows E* to re-use the same 5 tp frequencies multiple times, moving them to another satellite is not an option. Even if E* relocates HBO-HD and SHO-HD to 110 and leaves WCBS-DT at 61.5, some new HD channels in the future will likely be added to 61.5/148 once E* runs out of room on 110 which will not take long.

I dont see much point for them moving HD to 110 if they are still going to leave HD content on the wings if they are wanting a one dish solution for HD without customers having to upgrade their dish. There are still customers with dish300 dishes so they have to upgrade anyways, although its probably not the majority of the customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)