Will guide ever list HD programs?

David

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
I thought I remember a posting saying that a future software upgrade will show which programs are in HD in the on-screen guide. This would be very useful. Does anyone know if this will ever happen?

I have not heard that but maybe something they can add.. They did add the "All HD" guide list which will just bring up your HD Channels only.. :)

Poke said:
I have not heard that but maybe something they can add.. They did add the "All HD" guide list which will just bring up your HD Channels only.. :)
Yes, but not EVERY program on an HD channel is produced in HD...

It would be nice if they could do something like what SageTV does for HD and First runs. You can setup SageTV to show program marks (little purple and blue balls) for HD and First runs. Very nice since you dont even have to read the guide detailed info for the show. See picture:

Attachments

• guide.JPG
    guide.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 216
I like what that SageTV shows there Kirby. Also nice graphics for showing the station's logo.

I wish the guide would show the original air date that the DVR 942's (and other receivers) used to show. The data is being transmitted in the EPG so why not show it? At least for the non MPEG-4 stations (well those that are supposed to be the MPEG-4).

The logos you do on your own, which is nice. Dont have to rely on Dish to send them, or someone else to supply them. You just grab them from your favorite place and put them into a folder in the install directory of Sage. Very nice indeed. I should mention, it also shows original air date too (in detailed show info) ;)

That Sage guide doesn't look accurate on HDNET or am I misunderstanding the HD indicator?

I want this feature too. I want to watch HD! I would love to know whether a show is in HD or not when I am setting timers or browsing the guide. Please give us this useful feature DISH! :)

its correct, purple dots are HD, blue dots are first runs.

And before someone asks, the StarzHD info has never been correct. Never seen a first run or a HD mark on any show there, not sure why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)