Will Hopper 3 ever get additional apps such as Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, eyc?

Kizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
Right now, I am flipping back and forth between my Hopper 3 and my Roku. I realize that the Hopper will never have all the apps that Roku has, but it would sure be nice if the Hopper had the big ones such as Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, CBS All Access, in addition to the Netflix we have now.

If it takes as long to add additional apps as its taking to add youtube we should have hulu,prime,etc by the time the hoppper 11 or 12 comes out

What is the big deal about hitting a button to go to another input, using my receiver hit #1 BR Player, #2 Comcast, #3 Roku, how hard is that?

Well, depending on your setup, it can be a PIA. You need to find a whole different remote control, change the input on your TV, find yet another remote control to work the Roku. Also, you have different search functions for Roku than for DISH. How great would it be to have one search for all your TV stations and apps?

DISH obviously sees a benefit in having a Netflix app, why not more? I would think this would be a natural.

Reactions: charlesrshell
yea i am still waiting for dish to add the youtube app and the other apps i would like to have also too,.

Well, depending on your setup, it can be a PIA. You need to find a whole different remote control, change the input on your TV, find yet another remote control to work the Roku. Also, you have different search functions for Roku than for DISH. How great would it be to have one search for all your TV stations and apps?

DISH obviously sees a benefit in having a Netflix app, why not more? I would think this would be a natural.
I have a Hopper 3, a Roku, An Apple TV, A bluray player, and yes, an HDTV (that I sometimes go directly to for some OTA). I also have a Harmony 700 remote that will turn everything on and off, depending upon what I'd like to watch with, with one button. All inputs, outputs, everything is changed according to that one button I pushed. ;)

Apps with my Tivo connected to Cox cable...

Netflix
Amazon
Hulu
VUDU
WWE
HBO GO
YouTube
MLB.tv
Pandora
iHeart Radio
Plex

I guess it helps to have a content agnostic DVR :)

I'm coming off a Tivo, so I miss all those apps!

Apps with my Tivo connected to Cox cable...

Netflix
Amazon
Hulu
VUDU
WWE
HBO GO
YouTube
MLB.tv
Pandora
iHeart Radio
Plex

I guess it helps to have a content agnostic DVR :)
iheart radio and tunein would be great on the hopper i am getting tiring of listening to the siriusxm bluegrass junction station where they are playing the same tunes all the time. i listen to wamu bluegrass country on tunein and they get all the new bluegrass releases all the time before siriusxm bluegrass junction.

You will find just about everything on HBO Go in HBO ON Demand already on your Hopper....
Because they have to stop seeing every video service as a competitor. Their customers already have these services so why would they not want them integrated into the service. If anything having every possible thing inside your box, makes your box seem indispensable.

I'm still waiting on DISH to add the Netflix app to the 4K joey (that actually works).

When I upgraded my system, I now have it where if I turn off my Receiver, everything else turns off. When I turn it on everything turns on.

I liked the 40.0 remote because I could assign my TV, Box, Receiver, and Blu-Ray player. With the new one, I can't assign the Blu-Ray player. I do have a Harmony Remote, but it's older, and not too up to date.

Like pawdog, I too think adding everything into the BOX would make it indispensable, a one stop shop if you will. Why do so many people shop at Walmart? Because they can get things at one store.

Reactions: Kizzer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)