Will I ever get my NY Mets back on Dish?

gashead

Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Manahawkin NJ
Finally having a good season, and I am the only one in the neighborhood who can't watch.
(well me and the other unfortunate dish subscribers).

I pay for every available channel from dish, I feel I should be able to see my local team.
Every other TV service has them. I love dish, but this is becoming a problem.:mad::confused::mad:

I'd say chances are slim, Dish seems to have given up on sports completely in the New York market. They apparently have the view that having none of the RSNs make more sense than just having SNY or just having MSG.

You do not pay for every available channel. Dish and Direct TV carry what they carry, you decide if you want what they carry then pay for the package(s). When you subscribed Dish didn't have YES or SNY or MSG. So don't keep missing games, switch to Direct TV. I would if the games were important enough.

Last edited:
You do not pay for every available channel. Dish and Direct TV carry what they carry, you decide if you want what they carry then pay for the package(s). When you subscribed Dish didn't have YES or SNY or MSG. So don't keep missing games, switch to Direct TV. I would if the games were important enough.

If you read what I wrote, it says I pay for all channels available from dish.

But thanks for your comment, it really helped.

Oh and by the way when I first subscribed, they did have SNY and MSG. (channel 438)
According to you they didn't.....

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

If you pay for all channels available from Dish that's a hefty bill. All those international channels, all the A La carte channels, WOW. Just as I said, you pay for a package of channels Dish offers, you do not pay for all channels available from Dish.
And SNY is not a channel available from Dish. If you are trying to communicate you are paying for those RSN's, you could have had a discount for at least a year. Then it would be up to you to decide to stay or do what anyone would who is so upset not having their local teams, they would switch.

Over two years ago you said you made a mistake because YES was not available. You could have switched with no penalty by now but have not. Then over a year ago SNY was not available, again could have switched but did not. I will say I was not clear, I meant to say when you continued past your commitment SNY was not available. Dish may never have those RSN's, and as the answer was when you asked about YES, if cost remains what it is, many of us hope Dish doesn't. It's in your (or your father whoever pays the bill) power to get all the NY games. No amount of complaining will make Dish get those channels because they don't have enough subscribers even eligible to receive them to care about compared to raising the cost of subscriptions.

Last edited:
If you pay for all channels available from Dish that's a hefty bill. All those international channels, all the A La carte channels, WOW. Just as I said, you pay for a package of channels Dish offers, you do not pay for all channels available from Dish.
And SNY is not a channel available from Dish. If you are trying to communicate you are paying for those RSN's, you could have had a discount for at least a year. Then it would be up to you to decide to stay or do what anyone would who is so upset not having their local teams, they would switch.

Over two years ago you said you made a mistake because YES was not available. You could have switched with no penalty by now but have not. Then over a year ago SNY was not available, again could have switched but did not. I will say I was not clear, I meant to say when you continued past your commitment SNY was not available. Dish may never have those RSN's, and as the answer was when you asked about YES, if cost remains what it is, many of us hope Dish doesn't. It's in your (or your father whoever pays the bill) power to get all the NY games. No amount of complaining will make Dish get those channels because they don't have enough subscribers even eligible to receive them to care about compared to raising the cost of subscriptions.

You win. I read over a bunch of your past posts. Not looking to get in to a pissing match with you. Not my M.O.
I see that's happened hundreds of times already. Interesting reading. :rolleyes:

Once again, I wish I could watch the Mets being I live in the metropolitan area. Love Dish, wanna keep dish, Love the Mets as well.

The problem is NY customers still "pay" for MSG and SNY..Charlie just doesn't pass the cash along to the RSN's. At the very least he is making an additional $5 a month from his NY customers.. He should provide some sort of compensation but alas he is too busy getting richer to care

There are a couple of situations. One, if you actually live in the NYC area and want to see local sports, DISH is not for you. No MSG, no SNY no YES. If you live outside NYC and view NY programming as a ‘moved’ customer things get more complicated and depend somewhat on what teams you follow. I am a ‘moved’ NY viewer and a Mets fan. When DISH dropped SNY I nearly dropped DISH. However, my wife still likes to see some other NY programming and I still get to watch NY football without going to DIRECT and buying their package. Besides which for the past couple of years the Mets have been pretty bad and I was able to catch games on WPIX. If I wanted more Mets without leaving DISH I could use my actual address and get a few more games on MLB and ESPN. As I have the superstation package I would continue to get the WPIX games. I would then lose NY football though. If you are a Yankees fan and live out of market things are better. Between MLB, ESPN and FOX you get to see almost as many Yankee games as if you had YES. What I do miss almost as much as the games themselves are the NY sports shows such as Loudmouths. My only option if I want to see all NY sports would be to go to DIRECT and buy the various sports packages. If DIRECT offers out of market RESNs (I know game blackouts apply), I could still see Loudmouths on TV instead of online as well.

I couldn't imagine paying what I pay to Dish and not being able to watch any of my local teams, I would switch in 2 seconds and furthermore would have never signed up for Dish if I was in the NY market. Switch providers (if this is a decision you have control of) and stop depriving yourself of what you enjoy

If you love Dish and do not want to leave them but feel you need to have your Mets games then you should keep Dish and look into some alternate ways to get the games. You should be able to get your Mets games through the internet.

The only other options are to wait for Dish to carry the channels(could take forever) or switch to a provider that carries the channels you want. It may not be the answers you want but they really are about the only ones. Some people have crappy comments just because this subject has been brought up so many times and it can get a little old. Good luck!

. Some people have crappy comments just because this subject has been brought up so many times and it can get a little old. Good luck!
Thats a nice way of putting it.
:)

but they could just sit there and be quiet. It really wouldn't hurt!
they don't have to read it, its not a loud speaker that goes off every 2 minutes.:drama:

If you love Dish and do not want to leave them but feel you need to have your Mets games then you should keep Dish and look into some alternate ways to get the games. You should be able to get your Mets games through the internet.

The only other options are to wait for Dish to carry the channels(could take forever) or switch to a provider that carries the channels you want. It may not be the answers you want but they really are about the only ones. Some people have crappy comments just because this subject has been brought up so many times and it can get a little old. Good luck!
maybe the FCC should investigate his bate and switch channel policies

Tampa8 said:

Over two years ago you said you made a mistake because YES was not available. You could have switched with no penalty by now but have not. Then over a year ago SNY was not available, again could have switched but did not. I will say I was not clear, I meant to say when you continued past your commitment SNY was not available. Dish may never have those RSN's, and as the answer was when you asked about YES, if cost remains what it is, many of us hope Dish doesn't. It's in your (or your father whoever pays the bill)inpfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfhfjfjfjto get all the NY games. No amount of complaining will make Dish get those channels because they don't have enough subscribers even eligible to receive them to care about compared to raising the cost of subscriptions.

Good poin

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Finally having a good season, and I am the only one in the neighborhood who can't watch.
(well me and the other unfortunate dish subscribers).

I pay for every available channel from dish, I feel I should be able to see my local team.
Every other TV service has them. I love dish, but this is becoming a problem.:mad::confused::mad:
Npe..Just like MSG, YES and now SNY..DOne deal. Dish does not care about sports. They just don't.
Directv is looking better all the time. Just checked at a Costco kiosk. I can get WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Better equipment more recording capability with the same level of programming for a lower monthly fee.
I am about to switch after 15 years with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts