Will I ever get my NY Mets back on Dish?

I like sports but I don't see it that way. People are just being brutally honest, partly because the same question keeps popping up here on a regular basis. Bottom line, there is a next-to-nil chance that NY RSNs will ever again be available on Dish. Your only real option is to switch.

Honestly, I don't see the same questions keep popping up and even if they did, who cares? If someone posts a question, its cause they want answer. Now they may not like the answer but its easier and quicker to post a questions then wade through all the other posts on here. & not for nothing, sports are important so I'd expect to see it on here.

Wait, my name starts with S. I will admit that I back Dish on a lot of things but I can be hard on them too. Being a retailer allows me to view the company from different points. I tend to favor the business side of things more since I am in management. I will say that I am not solely for Dish, I support DirecTV also I just do not know as much about them or their products. I suppose I consider myself a satellite fanboy, I am definatley a SatelliteGuys fanboy though!

Wait, my name starts with S. I will admit that I back Dish on a lot of things but I can be hard on them too. Being a retailer allows me to view the company from different points. I tend to favor the business side of things more since I am in management. I will say that I am not solely for Dish, I support DirecTV also I just do not know as much about them or their products. I suppose I consider myself a satellite fanboy, I am definatley a SatelliteGuys fanboy though!
You're not the "S" I was referring to. His screenname is a barely disguised reference to the size of his manhood.

You are a Dish retailer. So, some of your defense is justifiable. But, you also criticize them. (OTOH, another retailer who posts here is the total opposite of fanboy. He criticizes them constantly, including many things that don't deserve criticism. It's kind of weird to see, coming from a retailer.)

amen +1

Sometimes just because someone is a fanboy doesn't mean they're any good.:eek:

Last edited:
I'd pay an extra $2 to get my RSNs. :(

That's just the surcharge, not the whole cost, but no question people who want to watch would pay that or more. The RSN's however won't allow just you to pay it and get it, everyone in the DMA has to pay and my extension all subscribers to some extent pay the higher fees of higher cost RSN's. That's the problems with RSN's in general. They won't allow a separate package and those who want the RSN's pay for them.

last I checked folks in NY arent getting a discount from Dish for not having any RSN's

The $2 fee for Directv is just a surcharge for having 4 RSN's in the market

DBS Commando said:

Thought MLB squashed that work around with PS3?

Watching my Rays that aren't on Sun Sports today with my Android Tablet, MLB 2012, Fake GPS app and HDMI out.. Oh also using Ethernet to USB adapter with my Prime too :)

last I checked folks in NY arent getting a discount from Dish for not having any RSN's

The $2 fee for Directv is just a surcharge for having 4 RSN's in the market

I'm getting a discount - err, rebate, err, incentive, but only because I pitched an absolute fit. One CSR hung up on me, the next one gave me the discount. I try not to think about this stuff, because I get very angry when I do - I've gone two years without regular seasons Rangers Hockey, Mets Baseball and Red Bulls soccer. I'd pay $5 a month extra in a second, but that's not happening. The thing that's keeping me is all the programming I have recorded on two EHDs - if I could transfer those to DirectTV I'd be gone in a second. If AMC goes, I'll probably bit the bullet and leave anyway.

Unfortunately, the real core of this dispute is the years old beef between Charlie and the Dolan Family, owners of Cablevision, MSG, The NY Rangers, carrier of SNY, and plaintiff in the Voom Network Lawsuit. It doesn't seem to be going away, in fact, it's getting worse.

Greenwood Luke
Warwick, NY

Thought MLB squashed that work around with PS3?

Watching my Rays that aren't on Sun Sports today with my Android Tablet, MLB 2012, Fake GPS app and HDMI out.. Oh also using Ethernet to USB adapter with my Prime too :)

VPN works on Desktops - not on phones because they use Google's location service...which can be spoofed.

If they wanted to block it, they'd have to black list every single IP coming from a VPN in the world. No way they can get them all.

If you want to watch the games on your TV ( unless your PC has HDMI outputs and is or can be located in close proximity to your TV) you will also need the following:

1. A router that can be or has been flashed with DD-WRT or Tomato so you can run your VPN subscription on your home network's router and not just a PC.

2. A Roku or other device that will let you stream from the Internet directly to your TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)