Will I get a new for the 922

You will in all likelihood have to use a Dish'n It Up to get the receiver and pay some bucks. In general, new subscribers always get a better deal. Don't hold your breath waiting for it. The 722k still isn't out and it was supposed to be available in December. :)

If you're an existing customer, you won't have access to new customer promotions. It really is that simple.

As for the nagging calls, they just want to make sure that you don't switch to DIRECTV.

The first six months or so the new 622 came out the DIU price was $300 and I foolishly paid it, similar prices with the 722, so I'd hold off for about 6 months after it is introduced and try then.

If you're an existing customer, you won't have access to new customer promotions. It really is that simple.

I would say that is not exactly true. I called as an existing customer who is out of contract, and they gave me the new customer 3 months free HBO/Starz promo. And they have given me new customer promotions before. I think it is just a matter of being polite with them and stating to them that you are a good customer and they should not lose you. And then it also depends on who you are talking too. Some of them, be it 1st line reps or even retention folks, don't want to deal and if that is the case I would try again later.

As for getting the 922, when it comes out "soon", it might be hard to get it upgraded to for free. Maybe with a 24 month commit. Or maybe for like half off or something. But free, I dunno. I will be one of the first to call and try to get it for free though :) I have been tempted to get my 622 changed to a 722, but decided to try to wait for the 922, though I maybe waiting awhile :)