Will I lose one set of distant nets if I go HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billmarc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
central Indiana
Currently I am grandfathered in (for many years) with D* and get the Chicago locals and all four of the east and west nets from NYC and LA. If I upgrade to HD and get the Chicago locals, will I lose either or both of the east and west nets?
Several years ago when I was thinking about HD D* told me I could keep either the east or west nets along with Chicago. Is this still true? I enjoy getting programming from all three cities even if it is only in SD. I am out a little too far to get Chicago locals in HD with an antenna..

i would say probably not, i have done a service call at a house where someone had an upgrade and still had their east and west networks because they were grandfathered in

It's been my experience that you will only get a one coast feed for HD Distant Networks, depending on which side of the Mississippi you happen to be on, but I was allowed to keep both Coast feeds for SD.

You've got the golden trilogy so whatever you do caution is the best policy. Is it possible to request this upgrade via the DTV website as I hear some grandfathered accounts don't allow you to change your packages online? I would hate to be in your shoes & lose both distant feeds as I believe that to be the norm in these situations when dealing with a CSR. If you already have the HD equipment & simply check off on the HD package I think you might be in the clear.

You can keep the East and West cost SD stations, you will not get the HD stations with out a wavier from your local's. We are also grandfathered in on the East and West coast SD feeds, so we use them if their is a recording conflick on the locals, wthen record a sd from the East coast 3 hours earlyer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)