Will I need a new Dish?

aqela

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Boonieville, Thumb Area, MI
Hello All,

Right now I have 61.5, 110, and 119 and I live in the Saginaw/Flint area. I'm looking to upgrade to Dish HD but I don't want to do the 24 month commitment for Dish'n It Up or pay the 14 dollar in lease feases per month to get 2 222 recievers for my 2 HDs and two SDs. I was looking at the list you guys have and noticed that all the channels I want to get out of the 10 dollar HD package with my top 100 package are on 61.5 so I was hoping I could just buy the 222s from dish store or something and not pay the lease fees and use my current set up. Will I need any new satellite setup?

PS: My signature is about 4 years old, so my setup has changed big time since (Except I still use the 322).

I also live in the Flint area. I believe the only HD channel available for us not on 61.5 is FOXD HD. Like Vegas said you are good to go!!

Last edited:
The only thing you won't get is Fox Detroit HD, it's ONLY on 129. Don't ask me why.:rolleyes:
BTW, you DO know that if you own your receivers they still charge you additional receiver fees beyond your 1st receiver?? I think its $6 @ receiver, same as the lease fees would be except no commitment.

Ed

Ya beat me cummings!

The only thing you won't get is Fox Detroit HD, it's ONLY on 129. Don't ask me why.:rolleyes:
BTW, you DO know that if you own your receivers they still charge you additional receiver fees beyond your 1st receiver?? I think its $6 @ receiver, same as the lease fees would be except no commitment.

Ed

Ya beat me cummings!

LOL:p:)

oh yea, i know about the additional reciever fees, I just don't want to pay the rental fees for 24 months, esp. if my fam (whom i am buying the equipment for) decide they don't want HD service any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)