Will it work on my setup

TNTraverler

Original poster
May 12, 2009
Tennessee
Currently have a dish network 500 with a Dish Pro LNB. 2 cables running out to the 2 DP 201 receivers and we both have our own TV to watch. Need to bring the Network with me in our RV. Acquired a dish 500 dish but it has a Dish DP Plus eyes on it. Upon opening the LNB I found 3 connection for cables. Left side plastic holder had 119 and right side it had 110. The 2 connectors on the left side have #1 & #2 and are close together the 3rd connection is on the rh side and is spaced apart from the other two. Will this LNB work with my current receiver? If so, how do I hook it up? I disconnected all the cables and re-connect a cable to the right hand side connection and was able to get a reception. Well if it worked with the one, I should be able to connect a cable to either of the connections #1 or #2. NO, good didn't get anything. During the process of trying to get another connection I lost the first connection. Now I'm stump. No matter what hook up I do I don't get anything. Are do I have to purchase a Dish Pro LNB like the one I have to solved the problems of trying to get reception to 2 receivers from the DP Plus.

You need a dish pro plus separator at the receiver. It looks like a splitter but it's really a frequency filter made for dish pro plus equipment. You can pick them up for a couple of dollars on ebay. The separator is installed on the two inputs at the receiver then one cable is run from the separator to either #1 or #2 connection on the lnb. You'll have to run check switch on the receiver after it's connected to set it up for the DPP equipment. You'll have to run it again after you connect it back up at home. With DPP equipment you only need one cable for a dual tuner receiver.

Oops, just reread your post. You can't use a separator with two different receivers. You should be able to connect one receiver to each connection. You'll still have to run check switch to set the receivers for the different lnbs.

You opened up the LNB housing and started rewiring??? :eek: Do you want to see something really scary? :D

Yes, you can use the DPP Twin. I'm guessing your "201" receivers are actually 301s? Hook one up to the #1 output and the other to the #2 output. The 3rd connector on the R side is an input from another dish and may be ignored.

It's not clear what you have now. Are you getting just one satellite from a DP LNB, or do you have a DP Twin? Either way, do a Check Switch at menu-6-1-1 on both receivers each time you move them.

Lost all signals. Cannot get any signal no matter where I point the dish. Checked all cables and connections are good. What happen? Hook up current dish and no problem.

Lost all signals. Cannot get any signal no matter where I point the dish. Checked all cables and connections are good. What happen?
You have to aim the dish correctly within a couple of deg or else the receiver won't see squat. If you've got 301's, make sure you tune to a transponder number that does NOT have HD, or else the 301 will read zero even though it's perfectly aligned. (301's cannot tune 8PSK transponders.)

Give me a clear (no clouds) sunny day and I can't get anything.:rant: Give me an overcast day (no sun) rainy and BAM I can get a signal and do the 6-1-1 thing and BAM I can watch TV in my RV.:)

Want to thank all you fellows for the help you have given me. I'm no expert on Satellite but have learn a few things. Again Thanks :p:p:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)