Will it work?

Timeclock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
tenn
Will a 1000.4 eastern arc antenna work with wally receivers. (Ant and 4 wallys)

A dish rep told me some of the older receivers are not being activated anymore even if they are still listed on their web site. Is there a single tuner receiver that may be better than the wally that dish still activates.

Is there a single tuner receiver that may be better than the wally that dish still activates.

Some of us prefer the old menu GUI to the new CUI. Plus the 411/211/211k all come with a built-in OTA tuner. The 211z requires a USB tuner like the Wally. On the plus side, I think the latter two can take the dual tuner USB adapter, which would give you a 2nd OTA tuner. IIRC the Wally also sports 2 satellite tuners.

Some of us prefer the old menu GUI to the new CUI. Plus the 411/211/211k all come with a built-in OTA tuner. The 211z requires a USB tuner like the Wally. On the plus side, I think the latter two can take the dual tuner USB adapter, which would give you a 2nd OTA tuner. IIRC the Wally also sports 2 satellite tuners.
The Wally, indeed, has two satellite tuners but only if you use an EHD with it, I think.

I just want a receiver that will hook from the 1000.4 eastern arc LNB to the "sat in " connection on the receiver like the DTV SD receiver I have now. I am going to get the
200 package which comes with locals so I don't need any other tuner except the one in the receiver. Do DISH receivers require special hook up other than the sat cable.
You may have guested I am new to these new receivers. Which receiver is the best for just "point click watch".

I just want a receiver that will hook from the 1000.4 eastern arc LNB to the "sat in " connection on the receiver like the DTV SD receiver I have now. I am going to get the
200 package which comes with locals so I don't need any other tuner except the one in the receiver. Do DISH receivers require special hook up other than the sat cable.
You may have guested I am new to these new receivers. Which receiver is the best for just "point click watch".

If you want a dvr capable receiver, the Wally gives a two tuner satellite capability plus two ota tuners with the adapter. You say that the 200 package comes with the locals. Yes, it does, but they cost you $12 per month extra. That's why some of us suggest getting an ota tuner.

Thanks for the info, I really don't know what the wally receiver can do or all the stuff you can do with it. I need to find some installation diagrams that will give me some ideas.

Reactions: HipKat
Thanks for the info, I really don't know what the wally receiver can do or all the stuff you can do with it. I need to find some installation diagrams that will give me some ideas.

It is a standalone, high definition receiver that you can use to watch all of the channels in your subscribed package. If you connect it to the Internet it comes preloaded with apps like Netflix, Pandora and some others that are Dish specific as an option. You can also optionally add an external hard drive which will turn it into a DVR. A third option is to connect them over the air antenna so you can pick up all of your local channels, including sub channels which are not offered by dish, and remove the local channels package from your subscription which will save you $12 a month.

It is the most basic receiver That Dish installs on a regular basis now

Reactions: TheKrell
Like someone said above, your 1000.4 lnb will run wallys. Up to 3 of them. You'll need to add a 44 switch if you want that 4th wally connected at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks people for your help and information. I know now what I want to do will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)